Air conditioner Fan

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
kmerkel89

Hey fellow Kizashi owners,

My air conditioner has been making a loud noise whenever I turn it on. It works, blows really cold air but the noise is annoying me. Best way to subscribe it is a loud humming noise that goes in and out every 2 seconds or so. Once I turn the air off it goes right away no problem. Where should I start with this?

I have a 2010 SE
KuroNekko

Check the cabin air filter for blockage and debris. The fan sits under the filter, if I recall correctly. The filter is located behind the glove box, but you don't need to remove the glove box to get to the filter. Simply remove the owner's manual tray that's attached to the top of the glove box. It comes off if you slide it to one side. Behind that, you'll see the white rectangular cover to the air filter housing. Unclip that and you'll get to the cabin air filter. You'll probably want to replace it if you've never done so. They get very dirty rather easily.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Speed_Racer

KuroNekko wrote:Check the cabin air filter for blockage and debris. The fan sits under the filter, if I recall correctly. The filter is located behind the glove box, but you don't need to remove the glove box to get to the filter. Simply remove the owner's manual tray that's attached to the top of the glove box. It comes off if you slide it to one side. Behind that, you'll see the white rectangular cover to the air filter housing. Unclip that and you'll get to the cabin air filter. You'll probably want to replace it if you've never done so. They get very dirty rather easily.
To save you time, here's a replacement cabin filter for cheap. I swapped mine out earlier this year.
Use a utility knife and cut off the little tab seen in the picture and it's a perfect fit. Much cheaper than using the dealer.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NEV31G
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
toejam

Does it sound like a squealing from time to time? I've had that issue with my fan, I believe the bearing is bad in it. Still works fine, but makes loud noises at times...but that is typically only when it is below 32 degrees outside. During the summer I don't experience the noise.
kmerkel89

I replaced the cabin air filter and the problem is still there. It happens every time I click the AC button on my car. It gets annoying to the point where I turn it off if I am not listening to music. Happens no matter what temp its outside. Where should I go from here? Everything works fine, happening for about 2 summers now and its getting annoying.

Also, Is there a mechanics manual so I can find where stuff is?
KuroNekko

kmerkel89 wrote:I replaced the cabin air filter and the problem is still there. It happens every time I click the AC button on my car. It gets annoying to the point where I turn it off if I am not listening to music. Happens no matter what temp its outside. Where should I go from here? Everything works fine, happening for about 2 summers now and its getting annoying.

Turn on your AC and while the car is idling, go check the engine. If the noise is coming from the engine, it's very likely your A/C compressor. It's driven by the serpentine belt. Perhaps you have a noisy bearing in the compressor. Is your car under warranty?

A lot of great Kizashi resources are compiled on this page, including the Service Manuals.
http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3192
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
kmerkel89

KuroNekko wrote:
kmerkel89 wrote:I replaced the cabin air filter and the problem is still there. It happens every time I click the AC button on my car. It gets annoying to the point where I turn it off if I am not listening to music. Happens no matter what temp its outside. Where should I go from here? Everything works fine, happening for about 2 summers now and its getting annoying.

Turn on your AC and while the car is idling, go check the engine. If the noise is coming from the engine, it's very likely your A/C compressor. It's driven by the serpentine belt. Perhaps you have a noisy bearing in the compressor. Is your car under warranty?

A lot of great Kizashi resources are compiled on this page, including the Service Manuals.

I have about 72k on a 2010. I don't think this falls under the warranty? I have an old suzuki dealer by me. I wonder how much they would charge to just diagnose the problem.

Any mechanics on here in the Western NY area willing to help?
Triggerhappy

kmerkel89 wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:

I have about 72k on a 2010. I don't think this falls under the warranty? I have an old suzuki dealer by me. I wonder how much they would charge to just diagnose the problem.

Any mechanics on here in the Western NY area willing to help?
I'm having the same problem. Did you get it fixed? Of ship what was wrong and how much did you spend? Thanks.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
thammer.el-ramahi

Been having the same problem, particularly when it's cold out. Was -20C today and when the car turned on, the fan sounded like a small tractor.

I think the bearings have gone bad in the fan assembly. Will try ordering a new one and go from there.

T
krell

Have that same problem also.
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?