I think I have a leak!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
golftango

Additionally I was able to finally find the part number. It is a Plate Clutch Housing - 1132154L00
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
bootymac

Time to find a new dealer
golftango

It's been almost a week since the dealer took my Kiz. So far they have:

Replaced the axle seal
Ordered the Plate Clutch Housing

I got a call last night that after they replaced the axle seal, they still are seeing a leak. They added dye to the gear oil and the service adviser is driving it home and they would check for leaks in the AM. The saga continues...

Edit: They said the leak is gear oil, so they are ordering the output shaft seal and will be dropping the transmission to replace it. He also indicated that they will go over everything, measure fluid levels and see if the clutch was contaminated as well. They are being very thorough and calling me frequently with updates.
Ronzuki

I guess that's all you can hope for at this point (and that they actually find and stop the leak!). Could be worse...least they haven't told you to go ef-off yet.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
golftango

Ronzuki wrote:I guess that's all you can hope for at this point (and that they actually find and stop the leak!). Could be worse...least they haven't told you to go ef-off yet.
I have a case open with Suzuki and the adviser says that Suzuki calls them daily for updates. This is good to know!
golftango

Today, 12/3, I got my Kiz back. Almost a month to the day it's been "in the shop." They replaced the axle seal and after several weeks of trying to order the correct input shaft seal, they replaced that too. There was 200 miles added to my Kiz too, it was on "E". I didn't have the energy, or desire, to bitch. I see that they installed the Plate Clutch Housing too, yippee.

Overall, I'm

:facepalm:

I'll write up a nice, lengthy Yelp review of my experience.

Edit: Here it is...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/stephen-automal ... e=(direct)
Ronzuki

Sorry to hear you had this much trouble for a simple leaking seal. Yet another shining example of the "professionals" in action. Screwing you and Suzuki both at the same time. But they were pleasant and apologetic about it, so that makes it all ok. I'd bet Suzuki can hardly wait for that 10-year mark in order to be truly done with the incompetency here. Hopefully they made the repair carefully and correctly so it doesn't start leaking again. My experiences with leaking axle seal warranty repairs on my last Jeep were less than stellar.

Suzuki...bankruptcy? I think not, American Suzuki Motor Corporation (ASMC) maybe, but not Suzuki. Suzuki just gave up on N. America and left. Maybe clarify that statement made by the offending stealership idiot in your Yelp review?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

You really really really need to change dealerships. These guys are criminals. Not only are they extremely incompetent, it's quite evident to me that they kept your car for a while to use as a mule. Not sure how else 200 miles gets put on the odometer. I had that happen once too to my former car at a smaller scale. Took it into a local shop for a creaking noise. They had it for a few days, emptied the tank from 1/4, and told me they "couldn't replicate" the issue after driving it for over 50 miles. I then took it to a dealer who quickly and accurately told me my rear shocks were goners. It was like the first shop just used my car as a free vehicle to run errands or something before giving me some BS saying they couldn't find an issue.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
golftango

KuroNekko wrote:You really really really need to change dealerships. These guys are criminals. Not only are they extremely incompetent, it's quite evident to me that they kept your car for a while to use as a mule. Not sure how else 200 miles gets put on the odometer. I had that happen once too to my former car at a smaller scale. Took it into a local shop for a creaking noise. They had it for a few days, emptied the tank from 1/4, and told me they "couldn't replicate" the issue after driving it for over 50 miles. I then took it to a dealer who quickly and accurately told me my rear shocks were goners. It was like the first shop just used my car as a free vehicle to run errands or something before giving me some BS saying they couldn't find an issue.
The service advisor did say he was going to drive it home one night to make sure the leak was gone. Additionally he indicated they were driving it to make sure "no more leaks"...but 200 miles?! :shock:
SamirD

Very strange that the oil pan has a leak. What damaged the under plastics that you were replacing? Could that have also damaged the pan?