Battery Size?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
bootymac

Thanks for looking out! Things get a bit sloppy on mobile.

And sorry, I should've mentioned that the catalogue was specific to Canada. A quick Google search yielded nothing for the US
SamirD

Thank you so much for the info guys! I'm going to measure the battery in a bit and get all the specs off of it. Then I can just use bci sizes to figure out which one will work, which I'm sure will be more than one. This is how I found an AGM battery for the Porsche after 2 factory ones died.

I think the battery is probably fine. I think I had not seen it crank in the winter so I was a bit paranoid. I'm very sensitive to noticing changes on the car.
Ronzuki

nytq wrote:I've got the 8020-164-35-optima-red-top in mine. I did add a bit of spacer on the crossbar holder as without it the nuts would bottom out on the available thread. You can also put a spacer under the batter. Maybe 1/4 inch. Besides that it works just fine.

I used an Optima Red Top as well. There was a rigid plastic cover frame of sorts on the top guarding the terminals. This device also doubled as a spacer beneath the battery to raise it up.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
SamirD

Delkor Battery
6.5-7" H (I didn't take the battery out of the tray to measure it
6.75" W
10 1/8th" L

Good to know about the red top. I wonder if they have a yellow top like that. I've had good experiences with the yellows.
bootymac

Any BCI 24F battery should fit.
SamirD

I forgot to note terminal placment--positive is towards the front of the car, terminals are towards the passenger side of the battery, and post style on top.
bootymac

Are there any indications of reserve capacity on the stock battery?
SamirD

bootymac wrote:Are there any indications of reserve capacity on the stock battery?
Not on mine, but they seemed to use a few different manufacturers for the battery and some seems to have specs on them.
Woodie

bootymac wrote:Any BCI 24F battery should fit.
SamirD wrote:I forgot to note terminal placment--positive is towards the front of the car, terminals are towards the passenger side of the battery, and post style on top.
That's what the F means.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
SamirD

Woodie wrote:
bootymac wrote:Any BCI 24F battery should fit.
SamirD wrote:I forgot to note terminal placment--positive is towards the front of the car, terminals are towards the passenger side of the battery, and post style on top.
That's what the F means.
Good to know. 8-)