I think I have a leak!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
golftango

SamirD wrote:Very strange that the oil pan has a leak. What damaged the under plastics that you were replacing? Could that have also damaged the pan?
It wasn't leaking, that's the problem. It was the input shaft seal in the manual transmission. They dropped and resealed my oil pan for nothing.

The plastic piece that was broke which I replaced was in the driver side wheel well. Must have kicked something up.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
SamirD

Strange. Did they tell you what caused it? Were you low on tranny fluid or did it act funny in any way?
golftango

Not sure what caused it. I did encounter one situation where it felt like the clutch slipping, but otherwise normal. I really have no idea how much fluid leaked, I didn't see firsthand. I hope it's okay, but regardless I have 100k of warranty so I'm not worried.
golftango

The saga continues. I've been noticing it's getting harder and harder to shift into certain gears. 2nd now won't engage when I upshift, it's very spongy, won't engage and occasionally grinds. Now 1st and 3rd are getting hard to shift into. I'm wondering if the shift cable is having an issue post transmission removal. Back at dealer, again.
Speed_Racer

The clutch on the Kizashi is hydraulic (not a cable) - did you check the fluid level before taking it back to the dealer?
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
golftango

Speed_Racer wrote:The clutch on the Kizashi is hydraulic (not a cable) - did you check the fluid level before taking it back to the dealer?

Wut? LOL. There's always shift cables and linkage.

Edit: Got a call from dealer, the shift guides were broken, new assy (above) on the way.
Speed_Racer

golftango wrote:
Speed_Racer wrote:The clutch on the Kizashi is hydraulic (not a cable) - did you check the fluid level before taking it back to the dealer?

Edit: Got a call from dealer, the shift guides were broken, new assy (above) on the way.
Haha oh THAT cable. Your issues sounded like it could have been due to air in the hydraulic clutch system.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
bootymac

golftango wrote:

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160224/6a8d0878acb68d9346ff094e921e741f.jpg[/img]

Replaced for free I hope. You need to find a new dealer/mech
golftango

bootymac wrote: Replaced for free I hope. You need to find a new dealer/mech
Yes, still under 3/36. My only other dealer is a Nissan dealer...and if you can believe it, they are much worse.
KuroNekko

golftango wrote:
Yes, still under 3/36. My only other dealer is a Nissan dealer...and if you can believe it, they are much worse.
But wouldn't this fall under the 7 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)