Suzuki returning to USA

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
WESHOOT2

Recent: Automotive News article has Suzuki returning to the USA 2019.
krell

:drive: :D
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
KuroNekko

I have very strong doubts and I'd bet that Mitsubishi would leave the US or a Chinese brand enter the US market before we see Suzuki again. Also, Suzuki doesn't currently have new or planned products intended for a market like the US. Their cars are too small for most American consumers and they don't make CUVs/SUVs big enough to justify re-entering the US market.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

Got a link to said article? I'd like to read it. Thanks!
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
WESHOOT2

My Pre-Owned Manager told me; said he'd read it in Automotive News.

I can't find any confirmation......
Ronzuki

I searched Automotive News' site and didn't find anything other than the Toyota collaboration, which in no way means they're coming back best I can tell.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

Ronzuki wrote:I searched Automotive News' site and didn't find anything other than the Toyota collaboration, which in no way means they're coming back best I can tell.
Yup. I searched for an article when Weshoot2 first posted that. It didn't make sense to me but I figured to look. Nothing came up. Also, given Suzuki's investments into their current line-up and future models, nothing indicates they are considering the US market. I think they are out for a foreseeable future and will double-down on small, value-oriented vehicles with a particular concentration on Asia.
maxim.poddubny

I had just spotted a number of brand new Suzuki cars (I think all Swifts) in Maher terminal in Newark. Some on the ground, some on a car carrier. Did not think to take a picture until I was gone, but my dashcam did pick up the car carrier (the cars on the ground were too far). Dashcam cropped snapshot attached. All in all maybe two dozen cars on the ground and on the carrier.
suuku snap.jpg
suuku snap.jpg (31.69 KiB) Viewed 55404 times
KuroNekko

Nope. Those are Hyundai Accents.
They don't look like anything Suzuki offers globally and they look exactly like the current Hyundai Accent (a car offered in the US) in hatchback form.
Compare the locations of the headlights and fog lights of the vehicle facing the camera and the tail light cluster of the vehicle's rear. I'm absolutely sure those were Hyundai Accents. While I did not for a second believe those were Suzukis, I had fun matching the details to identify the correct vehicle.

Also, the new Suzuki Swift looks like this below. Close, but no cigar.

maxim.poddubny

Was at the terminal again, took another picture. Interestingly, the cars that were easiest to snap all had the badges on the front taped over, however I was able to get closer from a side. As you see there are other cars there as well (Renault? Really?) but you can see the Suzuki logo , and I think the form of Swift.
Suzukicopy.jpeg
Suzukicopy.jpeg (290.12 KiB) Viewed 55354 times