Hello from the UK

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
dannytrfc

Hey, i bought myself a Suzuki Kizashi 2012 last april and just found this forum recently, these cars are super rare and i think im the only one in the north west of england to have one i have not seen one anywere, ive even had people asking me if its an import, i really love this car and i just want to say im glad to be part of the kizashi club!!!
FrankoLaMoya

Welcome! What color / model is yours? Put pictures :P
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
KuroNekko

Welcome. We have a few UK members here but it sounds like the Kizashi is an extremely rare car there. I've even heard (not sure if true) that only 500 were sold in the UK.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
dannytrfc

my kizashi is a dark grey colour, i will post pictures this week sometime, alls i have at the moment is pictures of the dash lol, im trying to get a good multimedia centre to replace the stock stereo.
i did see that they sold only 500 models and im very surprised as this car comes with alot of extra features compared to the other popular cars over here, vauxhalls, fords etc. maybe they were limited to the 500 over here? did they sell Manual trans versions of these? alot of UK drivers prefer to use a manual. i think the CVT is really good, very smooth and dont even notice gear changes.
KuroNekko

dannytrfc wrote: i did see that they sold only 500 models and im very surprised as this car comes with alot of extra features compared to the other popular cars over here, vauxhalls, fords etc. maybe they were limited to the 500 over here? did they sell Manual trans versions of these? alot of UK drivers prefer to use a manual. i think the CVT is really good, very smooth and dont even notice gear changes.
I think Suzuki was planning to sell something like 500 Kizashis a year in the UK, but even then, fell short of that goal. I wouldn't be surprised if the total number of Kizashis ever sold there amounted to around 500. Even in the USA and Canada together, the total sales came to around 30,000. That's nothing for a car in its segment.

My understanding is that all Kizashis sold in the UK were AWD models with CVTs. It's very odd given manuals are more popular in Europe. Nonetheless, Americans were offered manual versions (like mine), but these were exclusively FWD. To have AWD, you had to have a CVT.

Also, the reason why you don't notice gear changes with the CVT is because it has no gears. A CVT is a transmission that works with pulleys connected by a metal band. The pulleys alter ratios hence serve as a transmission with no actual gears. However, shift presets can mimic shifting (what the paddle shifters on the steering wheel do).

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
JamesFen

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on you new rig. You have stepped up significantly from the TT. Sounds like you have great plans. Happy RVing...