What did you do to your other car(s) today?

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
Woodie

KuroNekko wrote:Nice. Were you able to repair the turbo in time?
Yes, had the turbo rebuilt by someone out in California last fall.
Hearing about Geo Metro enthusiasts makes me rather disappointed that Suzuki didn't offer us the current Swift. I think that car could have saved Suzuki in this country. I love the Kizashi, but it's the Swift that should have been offered instead of it until Americans were buying Suzukis again.
Suzuki is already testing the next generation Swift which should come out next year in other markets.
I started writing letters clamoring for the New Swift back in 2005. Don't know what the problem was there, but they really missed their chance. Especially from 2010 - 2014 when gas was over $3.50.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:
I started writing letters clamoring for the New Swift back in 2005. Don't know what the problem was there, but they really missed their chance. Especially from 2010 - 2014 when gas was over $3.50.
Well, at least you can say you did your best to let Suzuki know that you and like-minded fans wanted a Swift badly in the US. I agree that Suzuki should have given us the Swift in that time. It's when gas prices were high and cars like the Mini, Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, Hyundai Elantra, etc were enjoying better sales. My understanding is that Suzuki had already put in too much time, effort, and money into developing the Kizashi so they debuted that instead of giving us the Swift. It turned out to be terrible timing as the Kizashi debut around the start of the economic crisis. It was hard for Suzuki to sell their nicest-ever (and probably most expensive) model when people were looking for cheap, fuel-efficient cars.

The oddest thing I find in all this is with Mexico. Not only is Suzuki still selling cars there, they offer the Swift and Swift Sport, with starting prices of 10,100 USD and 14,700 USD, respectively. While I often say Suzuki left North America, it's technically not true as Suzuki and the Swift are still around in Mexico. One can also apparently still buy a brand new Kizashi in Mexico.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Speed_Racer

So far this winter, the SX4 is returning lower mpg than my Kizashi for the same usage (short 3-10 mile drives in cold weather). I blame the frustrating CVT, but go figure!

'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
KuroNekko

Speed_Racer wrote:So far this winter, the SX4 is returning lower mpg than my Kizashi for the same usage (short 3-10 mile drives in cold weather). I blame the frustrating CVT, but go figure!
Are you driving the SX4 in the snow? I thought the reason you had that car was for the snow in your area. Snow will definitely reduce fuel efficiency as it creates drag, slippage, and makes the AWD system work more.
Speed_Racer

KuroNekko wrote:
Speed_Racer wrote:So far this winter, the SX4 is returning lower mpg than my Kizashi for the same usage (short 3-10 mile drives in cold weather). I blame the frustrating CVT, but go figure!
Are you driving the SX4 in the snow? I thought the reason you had that car was for the snow in your area. Snow will definitely reduce fuel efficiency as it creates drag, slippage, and makes the AWD system work more.
Snow gets cleaned off pretty quick here in UT, it only sucks when it snows overnight and the AM commute is a mess. So far this winter I've been in 2WD mode about 95% of the time as the roads are normally salted or dry. I use AWD to get out of my street parking spot and to get to work when the AM commute is a mess before they've plowed/salted
cobymark

Removed the coffee stains on the seats. Then I washed the exterior.
Speed_Racer

Unseasonably warm temps means my riding season is off to an early start.
Took her to a shop for a valve adjustment I didn't feel like doing this time around plus a once-over.

Speed_Racer

I just brought home a V-Strom, so now I'm up to four Suzukis. What trophy do I get?

Kizashi, SX4 (selling for parents), SV650S, DL1000

Picasso

I own a 2014 Focus, and earlier today, I decided to take it out for a drive around town -- nothing special, just wanted to make sure I can get the engine running properly. But that's when I realised that it was probably time to let it go and pass it on to someone else.

Anyway, before letting it go, I was thinking of probably adding in some updates. First off, I'm going to be changing the tyres. I'm thinking of getting the Michelin Primacy LC, which supposedly cancels noise and reduces fuel bill. (Don't know why I didn't get it before.) And I'm also thinking of having seat covers installed, nothing fancy but more on practical, maybe canvas seat covers. Not that the current seats are damaged or anything, but it's just a precautionary method. Also, there's a small scratch on the bumper and will have that checked.

So yeah, that's what I've been up to today -- that's car-related.
KuroNekko

Speed_Racer wrote:I just brought home a V-Strom, so now I'm up to four Suzukis. What trophy do I get?

Kizashi, SX4 (selling for parents), SV650S, DL1000

V-Strom!!! Nice, dude! This is also the next bike I'm considering. I'm basically copying you. Haha. However, it will be a while before I can ride again given my move. I actually just sold my SV and the buyer is picking it up tomorrow. I'm sad to see it go, but I can't take it with me. However, it's nice seeing this buyer very excited about his first bike.