So you want a factory scan tool ...

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
bdleonard

If you wanted a working factory scan tool, but find the $1500 that Suzuki Pitstop Plus charges for the SDT 2 to be a bit steep. You could do the following (Your mileage may vary. Given the likely decrease in available service options as time moves forward, I figured this was worth sharing):

Things you need:
A Ford VCM2 clone (it needs to be a full chip VCM2, do some research, ebay for $150-200)
Ford VCM2 software (2.1.119.3 works, newer may not.)
(Note: Just the VCM2 software is needed, no need to install the Ford diagnostic tools unless you want them)
Suzuki SDT-II software (2.14.0.25 works, but anything new enough to support your model year is probably fine)
A Windows PC or laptop (32-bit Windows works, no idea about 64-bit)

To install:
Install Suzuki SDT-II software
Install Ford VCM2 software on the PC (and have it load its firmware to your VCM2 clone)

To use:
Plug VCM2 in to USB port
Plug DLC into car
Run the Suzuki SDT-II software

Read some instructions (as the bundled info with the SDT-II software is likely in Japanese, though the application interface supports English):
http://ekstranett.rsa.no/Documents/Suzu ... .0_EN1.pdf

I've got no particular suggestions on where you might find these pieces of software, or a good VCM2 clone, as that information can change frequently. I have no modules that need flashing, so I have not tried SEPS (the Suzuki ECU Programming System) which is a separate software package not included with the SDT-II installation.
Ronzuki

Very interesting stuff. Where did you happen upon all of this information to cobble together this alternative system?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
bdleonard

Ronzuki wrote:Very interesting stuff. Where did you happen upon all of this information to cobble together this alternative system?
The internet ;-)

There are a number of forums out there that talk about a wide variety of factory diagnostic tools, software, etc. I mostly stumbled across them with some targeted Google searching. I can say that the setup currently sitting on my dining room table works just fine. The key is that the Ford / Mazda VCM2 are really just the Bosch VCI tool, as is the Suzuki SDT2.
SamirD

Oooo...this is nice for us that plan to keep the car forever.

Care to spell it out a bit more? I'm not sure I follow the part about the different softwares and where you can get them. Since I already have a vt35 and the factory oil wrench, this would be a nice addition to the Suzuki tools I already have. 8-)
bdleonard

I agree that long term support could be troublesome, that's once reason I took a chance exploring down this road.

Sadly I don't have too much more information to provide than what was in my post. I'd suggest reading through some Ford forums to try to find a reasonable priced VCM2 clone on ebay. Ideally, you want to see some pictures of the guts (circuit board(s), etc) since anybody can make the plastic case look halfway decent. Expect to spend about $200 (-+ a bit) for a decent quality VCM2 clone.

Check for the software versions I mentioned on google or on your favorite torrent site. For example, "SDT2 torrent" might be a useful things to search Google for. Mostly, I'd try to search on the software name and version numbers I mentioned. Be careful and virus scan anything you download before you run it, or even better submit it to www.virustotal.com for a very thorough scan (if under their size limits). "Good" places to find this kind of thing tend to appear and disappear frequently, hence my rather generic suggestions for future generations ...
SAEED_KIZZY

thanks to bdleonard, I bought VCM2 from aliExpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Ne ... 346.ZTLmtl

- install IDS in clean VM Windows 7 32 bit.
- downgrade firmware to v2.1.119.19 according to procedure explained in
http://mhhauto.com/Thread-How-to-Downgr ... -Mazda-V94
- install SDT SDT-II_soft_2140025
- in C:\Program Files\Bosch\VTX-VCI copy all files from "VCI Software (Ford-VCM-II)" to "VCI Software (6516-Suzuki)"

and run.
with 110$ now I have functional SDT2.
SamirD

Thank you for the update! If you ever want to tell that unit, I'll buy it. :D
Justin12785

Would this VCM2 tool be capable of reprograming a new set of keys when all keys are lost? I know the SDT2 can do it with the 2015 update but can this machine do it?
SAEED_KIZZY

Justin12785 wrote:Would this VCM2 tool be capable of reprograming a new set of keys when all keys are lost? I know the SDT2 can do it with the 2015 update but can this machine do it?
no VCM2 can not program FOB key sorry.
Deyshadwin

HI I'm new to this Forum can anyone help me please, where i can get the SDT 2 DIAGNOSTIC SOFTWARE from