Autonomous Car interest?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
DiggerDerrik

I heard a podcast today that mentioned autonomous car development. They’re coming. Welcomed or not. I assume most of the members here enjoy driving. Purchased their Kizashi for its excellent handling, reasonable price tag and overall enjoyable driving experience.

So my question is to you. Would you give that up to allow a computer to drive you to where you need to go? Would you buy a self driving car?
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
n8dogg

I enjoy driving myself! However, commuting to and from Seattle during the day just sucks the life out of me...that's not driving, it's sitting in a parking lot (I currently work the midnight shift just to avoid daytime traffic). So in the case of a horrible commute, I might let a car take over for me.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
Ronzuki

You're a funny guy....

Uhhh NO and def. NO!
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Tom Kizzie

I easily get sick on the passagerside after a while so i rather drive myself. I can drive all day and like it so cant imagine the car doing it for me. i like cruisecontrole on the highway though but its my car and i want to drive. 8-) so NO. I have thid with a lot of technology. Love my kizashi now but it has much options i never wanted to have before i got it. Love driving my suzuki swifts from 1985 etc
kizashi 6mt black
DiggerDerrik

n8dogg wrote:I enjoy driving myself! However, commuting to and from Seattle during the day just sucks the life out of me...that's not driving, it's sitting in a parking lot (I currently work the midnight shift just to avoid daytime traffic). So in the case of a horrible commute, I might let a car take over for me.
Dude I live in Puyallup and drive to south Seattle via I-5 everyday. Then I get into a Semi and drive to the Canadian border. I know this pain all too well.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
Speed_Racer

I'm fine without autonomous driving, but I mainly commute by train so I miss out on the worst of driving.

I just hope they allow autonomous cars and motorcycles to coexist in some form though.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
WESHOOT2

An autonomous car is called a bus.
SRN

Driving, even the daily commute, is generally the most enjoyable part of my day. All my cars are manual's and not a one has an "infotainment" system. Honestly, half the time I drive with the radio off. The idea of having a car "drive" me is incomprehensible. I'm sure it will happen one day in some miserable big city like New York or LA when I have to get someplace and that's the only option. But I will continue to drive myself and be as connected to the experience of driving for as long as I'm allowed to. And if they make it illegal, I'll break the law and pay the fines just to keep doing it or move where I can.
1986 Suzuki Samurai JX (Tintop)
1990 Mazda Miata
1994 Isuzu Trooper
2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport (6MT)
WESHOOT2

Driving, even the daily commute, is generally the most enjoyable part of my day. All my cars are manual's and not a one has an "infotainment" system. Honestly, half the time I drive with the radio off. The idea of having a car "drive" me is incomprehensible. I'm sure it will happen one day in some miserable big city like New York or LA when I have to get someplace and that's the only option. But I will continue to drive myself and be as connected to the experience of driving for as long as I'm allowed to. And if they make it illegal, I'll break the law and pay the fines just to keep doing it or move where I can.

Hoo-rah!

:drive:

(See, there's a human with their mind fully developed).
Ronzuki

WESHOOT2 wrote:(See, there's a human with their mind fully developed).
Refreshing isn't it?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)