Kizashi and Autocrossing

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
SRN

Speed_Racer wrote:
Small world! I didn't see the link and realize it was the Utah SCCA you have been talking about. I'll keep an eye on that schedule and try to drop by one of the upcoming events (as a spectator haha)
1986 Suzuki Samurai JX (Tintop)
1990 Mazda Miata
1994 Isuzu Trooper
2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport (6MT)
SRN

Weeeellll... Tuesday afternoon after spending quite a bit of time reading about tires I decided to say "F It" and ordered a set of 245/40/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R's. Tire Rack had them to my door by Wednesday at 11am (amazing shipping times with that company!) and I got them mounted last night. Just driving back from the shop the steering input is WAY more sensitive! I'm very excited to see what kind of difference these tires make this weekend!
1986 Suzuki Samurai JX (Tintop)
1990 Mazda Miata
1994 Isuzu Trooper
2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport (6MT)
z06jeff

SRN wrote:Weeeellll... Tuesday afternoon after spending quite a bit of time reading about tires I decided to say "F It" and ordered a set of 245/40/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R's. Tire Rack had them to my door by Wednesday at 11am (amazing shipping times with that company!) and I got them mounted last night. Just driving back from the shop the steering input is WAY more sensitive! I'm very excited to see what kind of difference these tires make this weekend!
Yep. Bridgestone RE71R and BFG Rival S are the only serious contenders in the autocross world right now. I have the RE71R's on my Vette for A-Street.
If this is your first set of competition autocross tires, just know they are essentially full blown R-Comp tires with some tread carved in to be considered "Street Tires". That means they are sketchy in the rain, have no grip in ambient temps under 50 degrees, and don't even think about snow. They're expensive, wear out twice a fast as any normal tire would, and can be noisy when worn....but they're fast. :D
I don't know what kind of -camber can be achieved on the Kizashi, but you're probably going to want to look into that next if you haven't already. The -camber will actually extend the life of the tires since it saves the outside edges from getting destroyed.
Oh, and the RE71Rs are known for having a release agent that takes an autocross event to get scrubbed off. So however much faster you are the first time out with them, just know you're going to be even faster at the next event.
2017 Lexus IS350 F-Sport awd
2003 Tracker 4dr 2.0
2002 Corvette Z06 :drive:
1968 Corvette 327