114 Days: Pt III (3rd time's a charm)

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

Ordered that reman right rear caliper (from O'Reillys Auto Parts) Wednesday; on my porch Friday!
Haven't opened the box yet.

Rotors must be gettin' their holes drilled..........

OliverB

Ronzuki wrote:It's my baby now, so to speak. I bought it new, hammered every mile into it and love it. I'll never get another one, and really enjoy the fair-er weather antics, which includes the rainy AWD romps I've grown to relish lately. So, yeah, coward is fair. If it gets wrecked, it'll be by my doing whilst blazing along with that big stupid grin on my face. Ever since it became apparent we'd never see the next generation Kizashi, I became cowardly in the winter specifically.
Why not get a second one instead of the Mazda? :drive:
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi
WESHOOT2

(probably because decent ones are getting very difficult to find, and parts support isn't the best.....)?

I'm on my third, though, so what do I know? :mrgreen:
OliverB

Well obviously the amount of Kizashis keeps falling by the day, but I'm quite impressed by the availability of salvaged parts in the US. You have more chances of coming across an SLS in Canada than to find any Kizashis at a scrap yard, regardless of the trim level. As of today, there is but a single cvt/awd transmission on car-part.com on my side of the border compared to a dozen on your side.

I will be spending two weeks in the US during the holidays and you can bet I will take advantage of that to replace the little bits that are missing under the car, get another set of 20 spokes wheels and maybe grab an extra hood deflector.
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi
Ronzuki

WESHOOT2 wrote:(probably because decent ones are getting very difficult to find, and parts support isn't the best.....)?
That and I had to trade the Leaky Heep in on something. No way I was private selling that thing...with the amount of rain that we received this past summer after I got rid of it, if I'd have sold it private, whoever would have come back and fire-bombed my house! for certain. I had no problem, or trouble, selling a 26 year old Samurai, that I beat on, privately though ;)

I know I sure as hell would have been seriously pissed off if I'd plopped down $28k and then seeing water running on to the floor from behind the dash board and flooding the floor pans after every rain storm. I can say for certain I was seriously pissed that I plopped down nearly 32K and then seeing water running on to the floor from behind the dash board and flooding the floor pans after every rain storm and being told too bad, we're done trying to make it stop. You see, FCA's legal resources are better than mine, and their pockets are deeper than mine, soooo, I traded-away my troubles while the tradin' was good.

I can sell the Mazda privately now if I need/want to. And I don't...it's the Sunday travel car w/ the wifey. She's not a fan of road trips with me :drive: The Silver Bullet as she refers to it.

Precisely why I'm not a big fan of BOPP... (buying other people's problems). Like my last two Heeps. The time to buy a second Kizashi to have for long term was right after Suzuki bailed half a decade ago, not now.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Ronzuki

OliverB wrote:I'm quite impressed by the availability of salvaged parts in the US.
I have salvaged headlamps in mine....and I'm not impressed. My originals were far better cared for. I'd have rather there not been any salavage ones available. Then the ins co would've had to provide me with OE new ones which would have been more equal to the condition of my originals that were replaced IMHO.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
OliverB

Fair enough. I was too stubborn when Suzuki was still around to get my driver's license and now I regret it. Well not really, I was still able to get my hands on one that appears to be trouble free. Of course it needs repairs that the previous owner neglected to do, but it really doesn't bother me. I have no debts, no wife, no kids. I don't mind spending money on a car I wasn't able to buy brand new.
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi
WESHOOT2

Man, that noise from the buggered rotor is beginning to grate on me........but the rotors and pads will be here soon, and then "Ahhhhh, peaceful quiet".

I mean, that's why I spent the money.
We'll know when all the parts are on!

I cleaned the inside of the windshield yesterday, and it was wonderful.

70,928 ('cause no, it don't stop the dancin')
WESHOOT2

So the scraping noise is mostly gone because at least the outer pad completely disappeared :lol:

Driven hard put away broken.

:drive: :facepalm:

WESHOOT2

Rotors arrived Monday; hope to get them installed Sunday.
Oil change tomorrow, 'cause it's (past) time.

Snow tires gottagottagotta get mounted, 'cause it's really hard to stop going downhill.........
I mean, 'cause it's been snowin'.