Lights won't turn off

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
milesgiles05

First off, thanks to everybody for their help with my other posts. I really appreciate it.

When I turn my car off, my DRL's stay on and won't go out. I found that if I flip the high beams on and back off a couple of times that they eventually go out. I'm sure this isn't a Kizashi thing. I didn't know if anybody had any problems like this in the past and have an idea how to fix it.

Thanks!
KuroNekko

First, where are you located? Only Canadian and US models had factory DRLs from my knowledge so I want to be sure this is a factory system.
Also, are you saying they remain on after the entire car, not only the engine, is turned off? Are they on even after the entire car (radio and accessories included) are turned off?
Lastly, the factory DRLs are wired to the parking brake. It's the only thing that cuts them out if the vehicle is in the On position (engine running or not). Try using your parking brake to see if this has an effect on the DRLs for your issue.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
milesgiles05

I am located just south of Pittsburgh. I also believe that I am wrong. The DRL's do go off, but it's the headlights that are my actual problem. Once I turn them on, either with the switch or if I flick the high beams at somebody, then they stay on. Like I mentioned, when I turn the car off, I have to flick the headlights from high to low beams a few times to make them finally go off.
WESHOOT2

Wild wires; check for wee-critter chews on yer wiring...........
BLyons

milesgiles05 wrote:I am located just south of Pittsburgh. I also believe that I am wrong. The DRL's do go off, but it's the headlights that are my actual problem. Once I turn them on, either with the switch or if I flick the high beams at somebody, then they stay on. Like I mentioned, when I turn the car off, I have to flick the headlights from high to low beams a few times to make them finally go off.
The highs and lows are different bulbs, so which ones are actually on when you turn the car off?
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
Woodie

Could be that the high beam relay is sticking.

Okay, there doesn't appear to be a high beam relay. Just looked at the wiring diagram and it's bewildering. I use wiring diagrams at work all the time, this is worthless. Looks to me as if the high beams are supposed to be on 24/7.

It could be that there is a relay inside the DRL control module and it is sticking on. Also, do you have the Auto setting on your light switch? Could be something to do with the auto feature.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency