Electronic Steering Column Lock ...

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
copelandklc

My Kizashi however has kicked the bucket. I was having transmission issues and it finally died on me at 106,000 miles and months after my warranty was up...Dropped the transmission pan a month prior before completing a drain n fill and noticed long flat pieces of metal which I later found out were pieces of the belt. After removing the metal and changing the fluid it drove perfect for a month then one day on my way to work the transmission gave out.
Attachments
IMG_20180515_140152734.jpg
IMG_20180515_140152734.jpg (216.68 KiB) Viewed 5613 times
p.jpg
p.jpg (3.91 KiB) Viewed 5613 times
Last edited by copelandklc on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
motosonic

R.I.P.
Are those the Stock rims? What'd you do, paint them? I want to do mine, I just don't have the tools to take them off, etc. :(
KuroNekko

Ah, very sorry to hear that your Kizashi's CVT gave out. I fear that many are now entering the age/mileage where these will be more common. I hate to say it but the small number of manuals will likely be the Kizashis to last the longest and their owners stick (pun not intended) around here.
What's going to replace the Kizashi?
motosonic wrote:R.I.P.
Are those the Stock rims? What'd you do, paint them? I want to do mine, I just don't have the tools to take them off, etc. :(
If you have a spare tire in the trunk, you should have the included tools to remove the wheels from the car. There should be a scissor jack, lug nut wrench, and crank handle in the tray above the spare tire under the trunk. Most people paint wheels themselves with them off of the car but with the tire on, just covering up the tire with tape and newspaper.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
motosonic

I could definitely pull the wheels off one at a time and plasti-dip them or something, but I doubt I will. Especially not now that it's winter. If I could paint them while ON the car, haha, then I'd definitely do it. I'll probably just leave them "as-is" for now. Maybe some day I'l try it. lol
DiggerDerrik

copelandklc wrote:
My Kizashi however has kicked the bucket. I was having transmission issues and it finally died on me at 106,000 miles and months after my warranty was up...Dropped the transmission pan a month prior before completing a drain n fill and noticed long flat pieces of metal which I later found out were pieces of the belt. After removing the metal and changing the fluid it drove perfect for a month then one day on my way to work the transmission gave out.
IMG_20180515_140152734.jpg
So if I’m reading this right you dropped your pan, found pieces of the belt, refilled and drove the vehicle for another month?! This is a push belt so those pieces need to stack to basically make a rigid belt for the pulley to push. A few missing would seem to cause an almost instant catastrophic failure.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
copelandklc

They are plastidipped. Didn't take tires off just wrapped brakes and rotors with trash bags and sprayed with tires on. Center caps removed and sprayed as well. Very easy to do..Coated black with metalizer so at night the black is shiny and a deep dark blue.
copelandklc

KuroNekko wrote:Ah, very sorry to hear that your Kizashi's CVT gave out. I fear that many are now entering the age/mileage where these will be more common. I hate to say it but the small number of manuals will likely be the Kizashis to last the longest and their owners stick (pun not intended) around here.
What's going to replace the Kizashi?
If you have a spare tire in the trunk, you should have the included tools to remove the wheels from the car. There should be a scissor jack, lug nut wrench, and crank handle in the tray above the spare tire under the trunk. Most people paint wheels themselves with them off of the car but with the tire on, just covering up the tire with tape and newspaper.

Its crazy...I know many have died before the 100,000 mile mark but so disappointing. I have owned a Honda that got up to 325k before I sold it and even had a Taurus (Yes a Taurus!) That got up to 250k. The Kizashi was a great car and everyone always asked me what it was all the time. Its a shame it died but for Suzuki to just vanish form the US market like that it should have been expected..... As far as a replacement...idk