Rear Parking Sensors on a 2012 Kizashi SE, CVT, 2WD.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
sturtevant2

We just purchased this car from a used car dealer and the message "Service Parking Sensors" is on and the warning light is flashing. My questions are; Can you visually see the 4 sensors that are in the rear bumper? Or are they hidden? None of the lights are flashing like the owners manual describes. I believe that it indicates a problem in the LIN communication system. I don't have a Scanner that will do the BCM so I'm kinda stuck. Is it possible this car doesn't have that system? I can't see any sensors in the bumper itself.
Ronzuki

Forgive me, no offense intended, but this is too funny at the moment (if you are following any other threads on this forum)....

Did Kizashis, any trim level, even have parking sensors in the U.S.? I have a 2010 AWD GTS, so the only other trim that possibly would is the SLS, or a later GTS?.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
motosonic

My 2013 SLS has the backup sensors :)
BLyons

You can see them. They're circles about the size of a quarter, there are 4 across the bumper, I believe they're near the edge where it curves to be horizontal. I think you can turn them off with a button to the left of the steering wheel. I wonder if that would make the warning go away?
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
sturtevant2

I don't see any quarter size parking sensors in the rear bumper so I am going to assume that this car doesn't have that system. Either there's a problem In the LIN or some may have possibly changed the instrument cluster. I didn't think that you could do that with the way the VIN system seems to mark everything to a certain car. But I've been out of the car business for 12 years. I'm wondering if someone may have installed a fuse where there shouldn't be one? Or is this some kind of programming thing?
KuroNekko

I could be wrong, but I'm quite sure that the parking sensors were only available on the SLS (top trim) models in the United States. Your title states you have a 2012 SE.
Check to see if the previous owners may have modifed something or put something where it shouldn't be like a fuse as you mentioned. Maybe even a connector.
It could also be some sort of electrical fluke that set it off. This is the first time I'm ever hearing about parking sensor issues, certainly for a car that actually doesn't have them installed.
I'd disconnect the battery to clear the error and see if it comes back. If it does, examine the wiring diagram for the Kizashi as a guide on where to investigate. It's available in the Service Manual you can find and download in the Stickies subforum.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
sturtevant2

My problem is this car doesn't have Parking Sensors at all. Maybe it's a programming thing? Car has 122k on it but the engine has 67,000. The warning light was not on after I put the engine in it. Then the dealer we bought the car from damaged the front bumper facia and had it painted and it was on when he got it back. Car is perfect except for the tire noise and this warning on the display which is annoying. I've read up on the system and this car doesn't beep or indicate any failures by flashing sensor locations.
KuroNekko

You posted about the same issue elsewhere so I merged it back here. It's to keep the forum clean and concise and also help you with the consolidation of replies. Please refrain from posting elsewhere on the same issue.

Given the new info about the significant work done to the car, I'm now certain some error was made when the bumper was fixed. They probably connected something incorrectly. I've personally had to deal with this sort of shit a few times after a body shop visit.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Tom Kizzie

The kizashi in good condition is also a very silent car so the difference in tyres can make a big change cause tire sound is the only thing i can sometimes hear.
Or when i rev it hard.
kizashi 6mt black
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:Given the new info about the significant work done to the car, I'm now certain some error was made when the bumper was fixed. They probably connected something incorrectly. I've personally had to deal with this sort of shit a few times after a body shop visit.
I second this. Someone didn't connect something right.