Axle nut impossible

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
crt

trying to replace the wheel bearing on my 2012, looks like a key way on the axle, but don't see anything in it, so I got about two turns on it and it just froze, heated with mapp gas multiple times and still nothing, broke a 1/2 inch breaker bar on it...any suggestions, ready to get the plasma out....
Ronzuki

Front or an AWD rear? Can't imagine busting a 1/2" breaker bar on anything bolted to or in a Kizashi...sure you're loosening and not tightening? Still can't imagine busting a tool on an axle nut unless it's Harbor Freight.
Sometimes on wheel bearings there's a washer installed behind the nut interlocked w/ the keyway and then a tab or two on the washer's OD that get bent up to lock the nut in place. You'd have noticed it, and, I don't see any of those in the parts catalog breakdown for the front or AWD rear.

The only time I'd ever had trouble getting a nut of that sort off anything was because someone must have pounded the end of a pinion shaft w/ a steel hammer at some point in its life. Unperceivably mushrooming it. Couple turns, not even, and it got extremely tight. Had to work it out gradually back-n-forth with tons of PB Blaster and a lot of time. The PB was for lubing and cooling. Totally bitched the nut up (replaceable), pinion threads had to be chased at a machine shop as we didn't have the proper die. You may have screwed yourself by heating it, cooking any grease residue in the fine threads. Cooked, sticky axle/bearing grease acts like carbon buildup. Not a good thing in fine pitch threads.

I'd put the plasma away unless you've got a bunch of hard to come by components lying around to replace the destruction.

Your axle nut p/n is 43459-65J00 (same # for both front and rear AWD).
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
crt

sorry, its an awd, well, whomever put it on before really screwed it up, threads are completely gone in the middle of the axle, had to plasma it off, anyone know where to get axles, besides the $700 ones suzukiparts offers.....
crt

thanks for the help, did order the axle nut, lkq 20 minutes from my house has 3 of the half shafts at $48 each, saved....threads on this axle are fine on inside and outside, but gone in the middle....used car-part.com to locate used stuff if this helps anyone, couldn't find these new....
LPSISRL

I did the axles on a 95 Civic that were so tight I busted a half inch breaker bar. It was an old Powercraft of my Dads. He used to work at Montgomery Wards. Anybody remember them? Replaced it with one from O'reilly's. Broke that one too. Bought a 3/4 inch and jumped on it a few times. Got the nut loose. Only time I've ever had to use a 3/4 inch breaker. Funny thing is that it's shorter than the 1/2 inch I broke.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Ronzuki

LPSISRL wrote:Montgomery Wards. Anybody remember them?
Sure do. If I'm not mistaking, that where my Remington .22 semi-auto plinker was purchased.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
crt

still have a pair of bose 301's I bought from monkey wards....
LPSISRL

crt wrote:still have a pair of bose 301's I bought from monkey wards....
:lol: We have an old reel to reel tape from the late '50's with my oldest brother saying, "Daddy gone to Monkey Wards".
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)