Replacment brakes

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
delusional29

Anyone have success changing the rotors and pad on the rear? I just popped off my tire today to give it a go (I already replaced the front) and they are WAY different. Seems complicated to get a rotor on there.

Anyone?

DeLuSioNaL29
John_2001

just did the front and rear of a 2010 S model today. The rear is the same as the front, it's just a bit harder to get a breaker bar positioned to get the carrier bracket bolts loose and torqued back up unless you have a lift. It's probably already been mentioned but the caliper piston has to be screwed back in either with a special tool or a wide screwdriver. I'm at 71,000 miles. First replacement for the front, second for the rear.
Juan

Yes, it easy. I just did the rear on my 2012 sls, pads and rotors from Napa. Cost is $103 and I did it myself. No problems.
delusional29

Anyone have pics on what bolts to take out?
kimile

Do you guys notice the rear brake pads ACT537 shows not fit 2012 Kisashi on lots of online car stores? But i see the info from the DIY section
SamirD

Has anyone noticed uneven wear on the rear pads? Ours are just shy of 80k and are still good, but I'm noticing one side has more wear than the other.
n8dogg

SamirD wrote:Has anyone noticed uneven wear on the rear pads? Ours are just shy of 80k and are still good, but I'm noticing one side has more wear than the other.
I rebuilt my rear brakes at 45K, so long ago I had to review my own posts just to see what remarks I had made about them! It seems that the outside pads did wear down faster than the inside pads...a lot faster! The outside pads were almost gone to dust while the inside pads, the ones with the wear indicator, weren't quiet worn down enough for the wear indicator to even start squealing on the surface of the rotor. I had probably only caught this due to everyone else's reports of having to replace the rear pads so soon. That and all the brake dust on the rear wheels did raise suspissions. I didn't specifically make note as to weather this was the same on both sides of the car however. As far as the rotors, I just did a resurface as I have a local shop that does them affordably, something that is getting harder to find these days.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!