Transmission Fluid Change

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
motosonic

So, I just hit about 56k on my 2013 SLS and I decided while it was in the shop for tire rotation and oil change, to get the transmission fluid drained and replaced as many have suggested here.

The results were pretty reassuring. No metal flakes or anything. Nothing abnormal about the fluid, no burnt smell, etc. Was a little of color, but that was pretty much the extent of it.

So, Maybe I just changed mine in time.. or maybe I drive like an old man? lol, I don't know.. But, my mechanic said it looked 100% normal. So, hopefully I'll go 100k and beyond!
Ronzuki

btw...glad to hear a report that, with preventative maint, the trans fluid was in great shape.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Ronzuki

motosonic wrote: So, Maybe I just changed mine in time.. or maybe I drive like an old man? lol, I don't know.. But, my mechanic said it looked 100% normal. So, hopefully I'll go 100k and beyond!
:lol: I'd have to say both! I waited far too long, and, drive the K like I stole it much of the time...because I can, and, it's a real blast since the car is well designed for that style of driving. :drive:

Carry on...
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
motosonic

LOL, I might start driving it like I stole it now that I know it's got fresh fluid in it! I wanna try that stock wheel swap out I've read about, now! lol
A nice, dark color rim would be nice so it'll hide all the brake dust these brake pads are making, lol
WESHOOT2

A nice, dark color rim would be nice so it'll hide all the brake dust these brake pads are making, lol

I suggest for best driving dynamics you find your wheel choice by weight first..........
motosonic

WESHOOT2 wrote:

I suggest for best driving dynamics you find your wheel choice by weight first..........
lol yes, that was the main point! I probably should have elaborated that was the #1 criteria. to get rid of those heavy stock rims!