Car Audio: Replace the tweeters?

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
Waracha

In my younger days I used to build car stereo systems. Traditional systems uses 2 tweeters in front but in a short period in the late 90s there was a center speaker in the dash as well.

Home theaters getting more and more speakers so I was wondering how a car stereo would sound using 4 tweeters on top of the dashboard.
The idea is to place the left and right channel in front of both seats so that the A pillar on the left would house the left channel for the driver. The drivers right channel would be located in the middle of the dashboard facing towards him. The passengers left channel would be in the same place facing towards the passenger and his right channel would be on the right A pillar.

This way both seats will have exactly the same distance to both left and right tweeter getting a perfect center image. At the same time the additional sound from left and right speakers for the other seat will arrive a little later, making the same spacious feeling that a traditional rear speaker does to day in cars.

The information that’s the same in both channels will be played like a center channel speaker.
However most of the information in the left and right channel are not the same so I was wondering if this will mess up the sound image or if I’m on to something totally new here?

Before I buy 4 cheap tweeters to test it out I would like to know if anyone have done this or have any idea what the result will be.
Total chaos or enhanced soundstage?
WESHOOT2

Counts on how loud you can make it play :mrgreen:
SAEED_KIZZY

Waracha wrote:In my younger days I used to build car stereo systems. Traditional systems uses 2 tweeters in front but in a short period in the late 90s there was a center speaker in the dash as well.

Home theaters getting more and more speakers so I was wondering how a car stereo would sound using 4 tweeters on top of the dashboard.
The idea is to place the left and right channel in front of both seats so that the A pillar on the left would house the left channel for the driver. The drivers right channel would be located in the middle of the dashboard facing towards him. The passengers left channel would be in the same place facing towards the passenger and his right channel would be on the right A pillar.

This way both seats will have exactly the same distance to both left and right tweeter getting a perfect center image. At the same time the additional sound from left and right speakers for the other seat will arrive a little later, making the same spacious feeling that a traditional rear speaker does to day in cars.

The information that’s the same in both channels will be played like a center channel speaker.
However most of the information in the left and right channel are not the same so I was wondering if this will mess up the sound image or if I’m on to something totally new here?

Before I buy 4 cheap tweeters to test it out I would like to know if anyone have done this or have any idea what the result will be.
Total chaos or enhanced soundstage?
My car do not have Rockford system, suzuki use cheap tweeter for audio system.So I ordered OEM Rockford fostage tweeter (39102-57LC0-000) I want to replace it with mine and use old tweeter on my rear speakers.
To answer your question I think if your car has Rockford system it is better not to change arrangement.
KamWaimi

How do you adjust the side-view mirrors on your car - which method?

I am not asking you to vote for what is better, just what you have been doing in the past.
LPSISRL

So the delay difference of a couple of feet at the speed of sound is going to be perceptible to the human ear?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)