Clutch Replacement

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Ronzuki

That clutch pedal assembly has been an issue in the past. Time and use producing fatigue.

This is what happens when designers get too far away from the roots of what a car, or anything else for that matter, used to be and should be. No clue about what a clutch is, and what MTBFs for something of that nature, the mechanical non-wear items, should be. :ugeek: Hell, I doubt most automotive designers these days have even driven a stick shift. ever. For a real 3rd world experience, they ought to have a three-on-the-tree thrown at them to really confuse the shit out of them. :twisted: :lol:

MTs used to be THE most reliable, inexpensive, and trouble free method of moving down the road. Now we apparently don't have that any longer. Flimsy, crappy, fickle AT's, or, flimsy, crappy MTs....swell. Pick your poison. Progress!
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

My hunch is that the OP has a right hand drive. These models seem to have a manufacturing flaw with the clutch bracket that breaks over time. Most of these reports are coming from Australia.
The LHD models don't seem to have this issue. I don't think there is a single report of a Canadian or American manual Kizashi with a broken clutch bracket.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

interesting...if that is true, I wonder what/why the differences in durability between the two.
Ron

KuroNekko

Ronzuki wrote:interesting...if that is true, I wonder what/why the differences in durability between the two.
Hard to say for certain, but given they are on different sides, they would have different weld points, I imagine. Whatever it was for the RHD wasn't adequate but the LHD seems to be fine. I haven't heard of a single clutch bracket issue among LHD Kizashis but multiple issues from RHD models. Given that the OP referred to his odometer in KMs, I suspect the car is a RHD.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Mokachino

In response to SAEED

Not sure what that has to do with it, I'd assume the clutch pedal bracket in question is an OEM part. I have ordered a replacement through Suzuki's. Nothing after market, although after market would probably be stronger. Apparently it breaks quite frequently on the RHD models.
Last edited by Mokachino on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mokachino

Also the difference between the RHD and LHD version is the brackets themselves. On the LHD version there's one bracket for both the clutch and brake pedal. With the RHD version, for some reason.. they've got individual smaller brackets for each pedal. Yes I am from Australia and have RHD Kizashi
Ronzuki

Mokachino wrote:for some reason.. they've got individual smaller brackets for each pedal.
that'll make it weaker for sure. Maybe look at reinforcing the new bracket where the original was deformed before installing.
A common practice when replacing OE parts destroyed while off-roading.
Ron

Mokachino

Thanks Ron, that's exactly what we intend to do. Research tells me the most common cause of the break is a weak spot weld that snaps off. The plan is to make that weld a bit beefier before installation. Assuming it won't interfere with the placement at all.
Ronzuki

Good luck w/ it. Maybe post-up some documentation and how-ya-did-it pics of the job so others can benefit from your pain :)
Ron

Blbx2

Mokachino wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:10 am Clutch replacement is done, it was definitely a clutch problem. the clutch was in tatters when we got it off. New dilemma however. When we dropped the gearbox out we had to remove the gear linkage cables. the side one was no problem but the top one had a stupid piece of plastic/rubber holding it to the ball. We didn't have the tool to release it so we had to break it. (It was as brittle as anything by the way) but do you think I can find a replacement for it.. nope...
Can you please tell me what clutch alignment tool you used? I have the exact clutch kit and I called Exedy Australia to find a clutch alignment tool and they said there are none sold for it.