Revenge of the Spiders ( Recall Campaign CY )

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
bdleonard

I was browsing the NHTSA site, and it looks like Suzuki has finally figured out what they are going to do for the updated vent line recall from late last year. It looks like the recall repairs should start around August of this year, and is rather more extensive than the last attempt:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2018/R ... 9-4422.PDF
Woodie

That all sounds lovely right up to Step 4, then I'm checking out. Don't need a band of monkeys replacing my gas tank that has no problems. I can envision all the loose bolts and mystery rattles that can't be traced down without dropping the tank yet again.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
LPSISRL

Holy spider web, Batman! It's worse than we thought!
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Ronzuki

21,063 total production vehicles (in U.S. presumably) minus dead, wrecked, and junked...that's still a lot of gas tanks. Yeah, I agree w/ Woodie...what could possibly go wrong here? :roll:

Every time a tank on a Jeep was dropped to armor it up or move It rearward for axle clearance, the stories followed of the cheesy plastic connectors for all those vent lines, evap lines and whatnot being cracked and/or completely broken resulting in a host of other issues... minor evap faults, mickey-mouse fixes and the like... down the road.

Another recall I'm going to have to take a pass on. If they would, and could, do all the other preventative things and negate step 4, I'd consider it. Not likely since it's, ya know, a "safety" recall. IF the fuel pump would ever fail (not likely since I haven't heard about one failing yet) and its replacement required dropping the tank (I don't know if it does or not), then I'd get the full recall done since the most expensive part of a fuel pump job is draining and dropping the tank.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
LPSISRL

Seems to me you might be able to check and clear the line yourself since we now know where it is?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)