Kizashi Insurance Cost

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Sparky

My car insurance company (located in USA) charges me extra because they considers my car a sport car :drive:
I have a 2011 Kizashi, with AWD and CVT. From my point of view it isn't a sport car, it is a regular sedan.
What is your experience with your insurance companies?
Ronzuki

Insurance on both our Suzuki vehicles is stupid high. Ridiculous in fact. Wife's SX4 def isn't a sports car, and it's much higher to insure than our brand new CX5. She's never had an accident, a moving violation of any kind, and drives very few miles per year. Can't say there's a line item on my insurance as such (adder for sport vehicle), but it is the most expensive car to insure in the fleet and always has been.

FWIW, I consider it to be a sport sedan and routinely enjoy drive mine as such. While it doesn't have a big powerful engine (more than adequate IMHO), it more than makes up for that with its other attributes.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Tom Kizzie

In the Netherlands a lot of companies check the power to weight ratio. If its to high you pay more. Also when its gti, gt-r, sport they will wake up. Here its just kizashi and i pay a lot in the netherlands but not more then another car. Do you have "sport" on your carpapers? :D
kizashi 6mt black
Sparky

So I'm not the only one, good to know :roll:
Our 8 year old Kizashi's insurance is more expensive than the 3 year old CX5 which IMHO is crazy. With this a Honda Accord or a Toyota Camry should also be sport cars.
Yes, the insurance categorized Kizashi as a sport car.
BLyons

Is yours a sport version? Maybe they just picked up on that?

Mine is about $50 a month, which I thought was reasonable. It's the only vehicle I've ever had full coverage on so I can't compare to anything else, but it was cheaper than other vehicles I had been looking at around the same time.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
krell

Insurance on My 1017 Subaru Legacy Limited is much cheaper than the 2013 KizashiSLS i had.. everything is cheaper for the Subaru.
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
Sparky

BLyons I'm paying $80/month for my insurance :o
KuroNekko

Coincidentally, I just renewed my insurance coverage on my Kizashi today and I'm paying just under $50 for liability only. I personally see no sense in paying for full coverage for a vehicle that is worth very little, especially if I have the disposable funds to replace it entirely out of pocket.

The Kizashi isn't a sports car by any means. Any claim as to that is a scam. If anything, the only valid justification an insurer can claim is that the Kizashi's parts are hard to obtain thus coverage premiums should cost more.

Personally, my goal for the Kizashi is to run it as long as possible for as cheap as possible. This is part of why I maintain it myself and have a dash cam for any evidence in my favor if needed.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Sparky

Mine has just under 40.000 miles, I'm keeping full coverage for a little more time
Knightstruth

I work in insurance and the only reason it would be high is parts being rare. Also the lack of modern safety features versus newer vehicles.