Do all Kizashi 2010 CVTs have two filters on the gearbox?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
kizashiwanter

I was just changing the gearbox oil and filters. As far as I know one filter is in an oil pan and the other one is FILTER FOR COOLER RETURN. I ask the mechanic if he changed both, and he says that this FILTER FOR COOLER RETURN is not in my model. Is that possible?
rossirob73

F

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
kizashiwanter

rossirob73 wrote:F
?
kizashiwanter

Is this FILTER FOR COOLER RETURN filter visible in this diagram? I need to know the part number:
Attachments
CVT.png
CVT.png (268.79 KiB) Viewed 6978 times
old tech

All Kizashi s have both. The cooler filter is not likely to ever be maxed out with enough debris to clog . in fact , even with transmission tear downs with high miles and little to no service I havent seen much there .Not trying to discourage any maintenance but youve cleaned the important pick up screen in the pan.Catch it next time. The magnets should be wiped off and I add 5 more smaller magnets to aid in keeping the lubricating fluid metal partical free .T he very rear of the pan area is where your most wear particals are falling from.
old tech

I dont think its in the picture or at least i cant see it. It can be purchased at Autozone . Part number is TF246
Ronzuki

It won't be found in any Suzuki Kizashi or SX4 CVT parts diagram. bdleonard did the reverse investigating some time ago and found it and the cover's o-ring in a Mitsubishi diagram of the same model CVT. Info is contained in one of his posts.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Ronzuki

old tech wrote:All Kizashi s have both. The cooler filter is not likely to ever be maxed out with enough debris to clog . in fact , even with transmission tear downs with high miles and little to no service I havent seen much there. The very rear of the pan area is where your most wear particals are falling from.
Probably true enough, but same theory as changing an engine oil filter, no? The filter and its mounting location cavity contain quite a bit of dirty old fluid. Cracking that cooler return cover open allows for more nasty fluid to drain from the trans, cooler, and cooler lines. Adding the magnets is a great idea as that seems to be what traps the very fine particulate.
I'll be doing mine again in another 10k or so. Same ritual... drop pan, clean magnets, replace both filters (reinstall the cleaned OE pan screen from last time...finer mesh than the aftermarket that's in there now), and will add magnets.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
kizashiwanter

ok thanks for the advice. I ordered this filter and fault from Mitsubishi
dslatsh

About how much does it cost to do a job like this? Are you guys replacing the cvt gasket each time too?