Positive battery ternimal fuse

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Clessy

So long story short is that my wifes battery died. I go to replace it and like I idiot its pitch dark outside I put the better in backwards and the terminal fuse is fried.

Didn't think this would be a huge deal but, I'm living in America and apparently getting this thing is impossible. I simply cant find it anywhere and the only place I found to buy it was $160 shipped. If that's what I've gotta do that what I will do however, is there any other advice.

Can I re solder the blown fuse? Can I get another batter terminal fuse and pull the actual fuse out of it and put it back in the kizashi casing?

Is there away to forgo all of this and go right to the terminal wires themselves?
Ronzuki

Locate a salvage yard part. http://www.car-part.com/
Find some place that has a Kizashi, or, lists a lot of Kizashi parts. Call them up and tell them what you need. Better yet, email them a picture of it, in your car, so they know exactly what you're looking for and where they can find it in their car. Make it easy for them and they'll be inclined to want to go dig it out of the vehicle and sell/ship it to you.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
old tech

My recommendation would be, before buying anything, solder or fold that main fuse back together for testing purposes only. Hook up battery lightly at first to see if initial draw seems normal. Then start it and check everything to see if all is ok . You have a lot of computers that really dont like reverse polarity but hopefully that main fuse saved the day .Now get your replacement. Dont skip this. If you cant find one locally, pm me with zip code or the like and ill get you a price on a used one.
Ronzuki

good call OT...for once I was trying not to be terribly negative and bring up the fact that most electronics really don't appreciate reverse polarity. Also, didn't realize that those main fuses could be made to work again. Even if they can, I'd be concerned about the super-high current draw at crank... depending on how exactly it was McGuyver'd. The electronics don't like under-voltage either and this may cause some false anxiety should it not fire. I think I'd pony up for the proper replacement fuse, used preferably, before attempting a start...just in case something is now seriously wrong, the fuse would hopefully blow again and prevent further damage to wiring and/or components. Make no mistake, fires can start when wire is cooking off.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
SAEED_KIZZY

fuse is your least concern right now, question is which ECUs draw current t blow Main fuse There are 2 fuses in main box ,80A and 120A these fuses are not meant to protect against polarity reversal if these fueses blown mean some of ECUs draw more current that 80A which is horrible.
I think bypassing main fuse can cause more damage to car wires.maybe best approach is to follow power diagram in service manual and disable all fuses and enable one by one.