What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
SAEED_KIZZY

This morning as always I wanted to start my car to go to work I pushed start button but car won't start, I told myself finally after 7 years my kizashi had a engine problem and won't start, that's OK this is acceptable for a car to have problem specially with CVT transmission ;) so let's find the problem cool.
I was excited to diagnose my car but I remembered yesterday I cleaned throttle assembly with break fluid and forget to do throttle assembly calibration.
so I put start switch in ON and wait for 15s and then start the car that's it car started fine and I had to go work unfortunately.
Ronzuki

Pulled her outta the garage, checked tire pressures, and went for a drive while the weather is so warm, pleasant and roads are fairly salt-free after last night's downpour. :mrgreen: Ran the A/C on full cold to get the juices flowing, drove around the back country roads for 20 minutes or and then hit the twisties hard on the last leg back around. Tires are shot little to no dry pavement lateral grip :drive: Ahhh what a joy driving the K as opposed to that lumbering, narrow, top-heavy, me-too, CX5 turd CUV. Today's brief jaunt makes me wish for spring to arrive again so I can park the CX5, mostly, and DD the Kizashi
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
LPSISRL

Been a bit since I posted...
You may recall that to pass inspection I had to put factory bulbs back in. Well, after only5 months the driver's side bulb burned out. So I switched it back to HIDs and will find a different inspection station next time around.
Gotta buy some tranny fluid and do the drain-fill-drain-fill thing.
Does anybody have a good source for the fluid?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
OliverB

Mine took a bit more than a year, too bad I had saved the receipt in anticipation of having the bulb die within 12 months.

Call some ex-suzuki dealers. Over here in Canada, most of them are now under the Mitsubishi banner and can order OE cvt fluid if they don't have it on hand. In my case, the prices I was quoted were ridiculously high so I picked up 24(?) quarts of Valvoline cvt fluid.
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi
old tech

LPSISRL wrote:Been a bit since I posted...
You may recall that to pass inspection I had to put factory bulbs back in. Well, after only5 months the driver's side bulb burned out. So I switched it back to HIDs and will find a different inspection station next time around.
Gotta buy some tranny fluid and do the drain-fill-drain-fill thing.
Does anybody have a good source for the fluid?
This is the best way to buy cvt fluid and this stuff is high quality too. Less than $6.50 a qt but it comes in a 6 gal boxImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KuroNekko

Today, I saw a late-model Suzuki Swift on the road. Yup, a new Suzuki Swift in the USA. I didn't mistake it for another car given I've seen these in Japan before and know what they look like. The car had plates that didn't look familiar so I'm pretty sure the car was from Mexico. I saved the clip on my dash camera so I need to upload that, along with the two crashes I caught late last year.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
TrueColorsKiz

Hi! So I took my 2011 susuki Kiz into the dealer today to get the recall for the fuel tank done. While they had it I went ahead and had them do all maintenance for 70,000 mile service. Problem know is the pre set shift point on my manual paddle shifters is off??? And they can’t seem to fix this??? Wtf? Any suggestions? Also idle seems off as well... I’m going 20mph and if I put it to Manuel shift it says I’m in 5 gear?
LPSISRL

Don't know if this will fix it but the first thing I'd do is disconnect the battery for at least 10 minutes to reset the computer.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
SamirD

Been too long that I've posted or done anything with the Kizashi. :cry:

So here's some updates. Moved yet again, this time from the midwest to sunny-ish California (bay area). But because of my work and parents health, most of my time is now in Alabama, and the wife finally got the Tesla 3 she wanted, so Kizashi returned to the sunny south. That's when the problems began. :cry:

My mom's health was fading and I was stuck between Chicago, SF and Alabama trying to help take care of my mom as well as the work there, move to SF, and move stuff to Alabama. After packing the Kizashi to the gills and driving it down to Alabama, it sat for the month of Feb as I returned to Chicago to pack the rest of everything and drive the Tesla to SF.

Then my mom passed away in March 3 weeks into the move. :cry: We knew it was coming, but were still unprepared. I flew from SF to Alabama and have been here since to stay with my dad.

By the time I was ready to move the Kizashi again, the brakes had rusted so solidly that even 2000rpm in reverse would not break them free. :o :shock: I don't understand how so much rust came up so quickly considering the rain should/would have washed off any remaining salt from the midwest and there was nearly no rust on the car when we lived there as I inspected it at every tire swap and used fluidfilm to keep any minor rust at bay. It's crazy! Even bolts that looked brand new before now have rust all over them. :cry: :cry:

Finally got the car moving again and it took a few weeks before the brakes worked without noise. And then my dad noticed that the outside of the rear rotors were still not shiny--that was a sign of things to come. There's a terrible grinding noise coming from the driver's rear and metal bits from that grinding part are actually causing the steel wheel to rust (yes, still on the winter set--no time!). :cry: I'm hoping its not the piston completely eating into the rotor, but I think it is as I've heard that before on our Dodge Caravan. :cry:

Then there's the key fob battery which finally has nearly given out. Got a really nice run out of the battery since it was the stock on, but in replacing it, the hole for opening the fob got marred quite badly. :cry: :cry: I was really mad about that as I just did it a few minutes ago. :evil: :evil: :evil: I wanted to be careful, but the plastic is just too soft. :cry:

I haven't checked the oil or coolant, but just unpacked those a few minutes ago as those were part of the stuff that came to Alabama, so that's almost a year now too. :facepalm:
The car has gotten more dings and dents since it's been here than in its entire life up to this point. :cry: :cry: Far exceeding even the small things I was upset with my wife for doing. :cry: Just the other day, I discovered a crack in the edge of the front bumper cover near the grill--wtf! But there's no evidence of the car getting hit. I feel so sad for my poor wonderful Kizashi. :cry: :cry:

But I have no time to dedicate to restoring the Kizashi now as shortly after my mom passed away, my dad finally got a lot of the health checkups he had been putting off because he couldn't leave my mom as he was taking care of her--and he was diagnosed with colon cancer. :( His surgery and recovery went well, but chemo starts tomorrow and the Kizashi will now see regular if not daily use so I've got to at least shore it up a little better. What I really want is 2 days to just look the whole car over head to toe inside and out. My poor lovely Kizashi. :cry: :cry:

On the list:
  • Low beam headlight bulbs
  • Headlight housing yellowing
  • Fog light bulb
  • Brake pads, rotors, calipers, fluid
  • Nail in summer tires
  • Swap to summer tires
  • Oil and Oil filter
  • Coolant check and top off (doing this in a few minutes)
  • Fluidfilm all rust/corrosion
  • Identify all dings/marks/etc and plan of action for repair for each one
  • Lexol clean the interior and protect
  • Remove the floor mats and restore/clean any carpet/salt
  • Complete wash/wash and detail
  • Inspect transmission fluid
KuroNekko

Sorry to hear about the passing of your mother, SamirD.

Our cars are aging and need more attention and care. Mine is very reliable but now approaching 100,000 miles, I'm prepping for some major service/maintenance I plan to do over the course of months. I already have replaced all four brakes, replaced the MT fluid, and bled the clutch line. Some of the other stuff coming up include replacing the coolant, serpentine belt, and tensioner among other stuff.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)