Serpentine belt replacement

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
dslatsh

I know a few of ya guys have done this but I was curious as to has anyone noticed of there's any certain belt should use/works better? The oem belts are like $50.....while can get other brands for around $20....
old tech

Get a Bando brand belt on eBay 6pk1795 . Right now running about $24 . While ordering get a belt tensioner if you have over 100,000 mi. Febest 0790-grv $34

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KuroNekko

old tech wrote:Get a Bando brand belt on eBay 6pk1795 . Right now running about $24 . While ordering get a belt tensioner if you have over 100,000 mi. Febest 0790-grv $34

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you recommend replacing the whole tensioner or just the pulley? Aftermarket brand like Febest recommended?

I have Bando belt on standby I got on Rockauto.com. I don't think I paid more than $25 for it. Bando is a Japanese OEM. Part made in Japan.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
old tech

I recommend the complete tensioner . The pivot portion gets tweaked by the leverage of the tensioner arm . This is easy to check the condition of the unit by simply rotating crank bolt counterclockwise while watching from the underside the belt at tensioner pulley. A new tensioner will keep the belt squarely on pulley while with a worn one you will see the belt work its way off as you turn it. The ones really in danger will jump a rib groove on the crank pulley within 6 revolutions . The oem one is great to use but is a lot more expensive then the Febest. Both have the word China on them. Harbor Freight sells a metric offset box wrench set for $15 that works great for breaking loose that top bolt if it is still a factory 12mm head. Some have a 6mm allen as a top bolt. Both will come out without moving the water pump .
BLyons

Home Depot has the Bando belt for less than $20. Free shipping for store pickup.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
old tech

When changing the tensioner use oem or Febest. The other copies arent worth the risk. Earlier I posted a price for Febest at $34. i was fooled . that was a cheap copy using the name Febest in their listing . The real Febest has a large specially shaped cover on the front of the pulley just like the oem where the knockoff just uses a washer. Currently the best price is $49.95. The offset box wrench set i referred to is Pittsburgh 8pc item no 32042
dslatsh

well crap I pulled the trigger and got the dayco belt off amazon...was 1 left so i didn't want to wait. This one,

but mine is around 80k...should i still plan on replacing the belt tensioner? My car did have that voluntary pulley etc. replacement done...
dslatsh

Looking for that febest it doesn't say its compatible with the kizashi....
old tech

It fits if it has that part no. i listed. be careful though for the cheaper knockoffs