TBI Base Gasket ?

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Gh0st0ne10

Has anyone had issues with their Throttle Bottle Injector?

I have a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi SLS 2.4L

Out of nowhere code 9050a code came on stating it's an issue with my TBI unit or Base Gasket to the TBI.

My strategy is to start small & get a new base gasket first to see if that corrects the issue. Then if not, get a TBI unit assembly.

I've searched RockAuto, CarID, among a few others and cannot seem to find just the base gasket alone for my car. Any ideas?

Where would I find the base gasket and the TBI unit for that particular make & model?

Any direction would be appreciated.
SAEED_KIZZY

as far as I know, Kizashi does not use the Throttle bottle injection mechanism and there is no code with 9050a related to this car.
Woodie

There are many levels of problems here, attention to precise detail is critical. There is no 9050a code that I can find, highest powertrain code I round was P2067. There is no TBI on a Kizashi, there is a Throttle Body, and there are Injectors, but Throttle Body Injection is something that no one uses anymore. Very unlikely that you're going to find a Throttle Body or it's gasket anywhere except a Suzuki dealer. Found the gasket here: https://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/oem-part ... wtbDQtZ2Fz They've probably got the Throttle Body too, but I bet it's $600.

I'd really like to know what the actual DTC code is, should start with a P and have four numbers. Many of these error codes are just poor electrical connections and can be fixed by unplugging things and plugging them back in, or loosening and retightening ground wires.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
old tech

There seems to be a few errors in the original post. accuracy with code number is critical if you want a fix and keep money in your pocket. I think you mean P050a. Clean your throttle body blade. Basically computer cant raise idle high enough usually due to build up .
Gh0st0ne10

You guys are awesome! Appreciate you all chiming in. I was wrong on the code. It's P050A. Thanks for the correction on that.
Gh0st0ne10

On my health report after the OBD reader has scanned my car codes, it states:

TBI Base Gasket.
And/Or Throttle Body Injector (TBI) Unit.

So was thinking of starting with a new base gasket and spraying throttle body cleaner in the TB & go from there to see if that fixes the issue & turns off the check engine light. Thoughts?
old tech

The gasket is not needed unless it s been damaged.
SAEED_KIZZY

kizashi and grand vitara share a same engine so maybe this link helps:
https://www.suzuki-forums.com/threads/2 ... 0a.258347/
also
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3263

but I think it's better to see freeze-frame and find out what's wrong.
Woodie

Gh0st0ne10 wrote:On my health report after the OBD reader has scanned my car codes, it states:

TBI Base Gasket.
And/Or Throttle Body Injector (TBI) Unit.

So was thinking of starting with a new base gasket and spraying throttle body cleaner in the TB & go from there to see if that fixes the issue & turns off the check engine light. Thoughts?
This is a generic recommendation, most likely coming from an auto parts store that wants to sell you parts. There is no Throttle Body Injector unit on a Kizashi, the Throttle Body and the Injectors are completely separate components.

Old Tech knows more about Kizashis than anyone. Give the Throttle Body a thorough cleaning, might as well clean the MAF sensor as long as you are there. This will cost $10 for a can of cleaner and might very well take care of the issue.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Gh0st0ne10

Thanks again everyone. I'm not sure what "freeze-frame" is that was mentioned but now that I found the gasket, I'll start cleaning up the throttle body & MAF, replace the air filter & throw a new gasket on since I don't like putting old gaskets back on after removal. Hopefully that will resolve the issue with the check engine light and my cruise control working again. Thanks again everyone. You guys are awesome!