AC Drain Hose

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
JBello

I need help trying to find the drain hose for my 2012 kizashi sls It is currently plugged up and flooded my driver and passenger carpet. Has anyone had a similar or same problem and is able to help me locate it? Thanks
JBello

Can anyone help? I see I’m getting the views. But I am not fortunate to finding the drain hose
KuroNekko

Get under the car. These hoses are usually at the firewall; the space behind the engine and in front of the passenger cabin. Also, are you sure the liquid is water and not coolant?
Please also don't post about the same issue in many places. Mods like myself will simply delete them.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
old tech

AC drain hose is very difficult to see , much easier to find looking at another Kizashi thats working but Im sure that isnt an option for most owners. It is directly under the accelerator pedal tucked above the steering rack. At the end of this tube is the flaps to keep that darn spider out of . Thats where it clogs
JBello

Thanks. I found it! Blew the line with a blower and it was just clogged with dirt and debris. Could have been near a gallon of water by the looks of it.
KlutzNinja

Are there ways to help prevent against this hose from clogging? Or is it just something that happens once in a while and you can’t do anything about it?

@JBello: glad you found it.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
JBello

@KlutzNinja. At this point I would do it as a preventative maintenance when you take your car in for routine oils change, etc. I’ll tell you it is not easy getting to it. During the winter it’s good to run it periodically or when not in use at all just to ensure proper functionality.
JBello

You’ll hear a swooshing sound when you make turns or a mist coming out of the air vents. Getting it unclogged as soon as possible will help not to get it on your carpets.
KlutzNinja

JBello wrote:@KlutzNinja. At this point I would do it as a preventative maintenance when you take your car in for routine oils change, etc. I’ll tell you it is not easy getting to it. During the winter it’s good to run it periodically or when not in use at all just to ensure proper functionality.
So it can become clogged if the air conditioning isn’t used? Because in my previous car, a 2010 Ford Focus, I can’t remember using the A/C much at all in over six years of ownership. I’d drive with the windows cracked and otherwise suffer the heat lol. And this is coming from someone who lives in Los Angeles county. I put myself through that because I heard the A/C reduces gas mileage and for some reason I thought that was more important than not sweltering in my car :lol:.
Despite never using the A/C I don’t think I ever had any issues with the drain hose.

For the record I do use my A/C in my Kizashi, although at rather mild levels. It’s not as quiet as what I’ve experienced in other cars, for some reason. Not swooshing sounds during turns or anything; just... noise. Like you can hear the components a bit rather than just the sound of the air flow. It’s hard to describe.

Thanks for the pointer.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
JBello

I get it.never said it can be clogged by not using it. :arrow: But “running the AC periodically” I found that while looking into my Kizashi manual book trying to find pointers. But since you’re in LA , disregard the winters lol. I’m in Chicago. We get that nasty humidity can’t breathe that shit. Lol. But Somehow mine got debris inside. My AC makes no odd sounds like yours or rattling. Might be worth just looking into it.