Spare Alternator

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Drem

Anyone know where I can get a spare alternator reasonably priced? It doesn't even have to work, I'm going to have it rebuilt anyway. I just don't want to take mine out and have an unusable car while the work is done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver
LPSISRL

junkyarddog.com is a clearinghouse for many salvage yards. They'll set you up with a recycler and you can negotiate a deal with them. You can also buy one from rockauto.com and send the core back for a credit. Autozone does the same thing. So there are several solutions where the only down-time is when you've actually replacing it.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
old tech

I like car-part.com . I think its a much better way to go is a used alternator. This is a low failure part yet very expensive new and probably remanufactured. There are some listed right now for just $35 ea. Buy 2 of them, they are sure to go up.
Drem

Thanks. I used car part and ended up paying $120 with tax, shipping, and an extra charge for no core exchange. Acceptable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver