Desperate!!!! Kizashi failing state inspection

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
TheodrosGustaf

My kizashi keeps failing inspection due to the obd 2 port failing. The state computers can't get the information from the car in order to pass the emissions part of the test. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't find anything and they also couldn't test for emissions bc the county they r in doesn't require it. The dealer said they could connect to the computer but found no fault codes or anything. They said it's working fine. I had my local guys check the car out and see if there are any bad fuses but that came up negative. Car has been sitting for two months now. I literally don't know what to do. Has anyone encountered this sort of problem?
old tech

If the same inspection station unit is being used, can you try another unit or another station all together. What state are you in ?
TheodrosGustaf

I did, it failed 3 times.
KuroNekko

Hi. I never had this issue with my Kizashi (actually just passed California SMOG test last week) but know a bit about it from another car. Has your car battery died or been disconnected recently? Basically, the emissions testing takes engine operation data such as fuel trims via the OBDII port. If your car battery died or the battery was disconnected for whatever reason (like repairs or storage) then the data was reset and the ECU does not have it generated yet for the emissions testing. You basically have to drive the car around for about 50 miles after the battery reconnect for the ECU to collect that data.
Given it does not sound like your port is physically damaged, I wonder if this could be the issue.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
n8dogg

old tech wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:00 pm What state are you in ?
I'm curious what state too...make sure I never move there! There's got to be some sort of reprieve for technical issues. To prevent some one from driving their car, possible affecting their livelihood, all over a glitch...not cool. In Washington state, if the problem can't be solved for $150 in diagnostics or repairs, you get a waiver. No wait, scratch that, Washington finally eliminated it's emissions testing (still plenty of other reasons to avoid WA)
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
TheodrosGustaf

@KuroNekko the dealership I went to was about 25miles each way so I know I've put at least 100miles since the car started having problems.
TheodrosGustaf

n8dogg wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:40 am
old tech wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:00 pm What state are you in ?
I'm curious what state too...make sure I never move there! There's got to be some sort of reprieve for technical issues. To prevent some one from driving their car, possible affecting their livelihood, all over a glitch...not cool. In Washington state, if the problem can't be solved for $150 in diagnostics or repairs, you get a waiver. No wait, scratch that, Washington finally eliminated it's emissions testing (still plenty of other reasons to avoid WA)
I'm in Texas and you can get a waiver but the process of that will take a while. The dps in my surrounding area don't have appointments till mid November 😒. Since no one can solve this issue my only choice is to get a waiver. I just wanted to know if this could be done the normal way.
old tech

I would maybe try this . Go to AutoZone ask to have trouble codes read. If their tool will communicate with your car then retry with the state, If it wont, chances are that you are missing 12v power on the one terminal for the obd2. Your local guys may not have found all the fuses