In appreciation of Old Tech

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
FSJNut

I've been on car forums since the beginning of the internet. Before Facebook, before forums. Back when you signed up for an email list. Yes... I'm old. I have NEVER seen anyone with as much real-world knowledge of a car spend as much time sharing their knowledge. The Kizashi experience this man has is incredible and for him to take as much of his valuable time to share that experience, parts sources, links and repair techniques, is very much appreciated.
Another way this man has benefited the Kizashi community is by saving these cars. I'll bet he doesn't even know how many of these amazing, wonderful cars he has saved from the scrap pile, either directly be repairing them at his shop, or indirectly by sharing his knowledge or selling used parts. I have bought a couple of transmissions form Old Tech, and in the process have met him in person. I can tell you he is as nice a guy as you would want to meet. I'm a regular lurker on here, and just thought this ought to be said.
2010 SLS
2012 GTS
old tech

Thank you for the kind words. It is my belief we should care for and help one another especially in times of turmoil. God has blessed me with an ability that I am able to share. Plus, I do think that these cars were sadly overlooked and now on their way to becoming valuable collector items and any support given now will help that along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KuroNekko

Absolutely. Old Tech is a fine gem of a member here because he contributes a lot as a professional mechanic who personally works on Kizashis. Many of us members here are enthusiasts but are not professionals who know the intricacies of any particular vehicle and their systems thus our experience and advice is limited. Given the Kizashi and other Suzuki autos are now orphaned by the brand, we are incredibly fortunate to have Old Tech contribute his professional knowledge, advice, and service to us regularly.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KlutzNinja

There’s not much I can say that hasn’t already been said, other than this forum would be very, very different if old tech had never joined.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
Ronzuki

I couldn't agree more with all that was written. Thanks for all you do OT...for the brand, the car and the members here on the forum. Maybe one day I'll venture over to the other side of the state and thank you in person.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
old tech

Thank you guys for the nice comments and all of you are always welcome to drop in if you are ever in the area , or call for advice , parts , or just to gab . Always interesting to find out what other Kizashi fans do .

Zeid_Nasser

Agree with all that's been said above, it's been great seeing all the input and info from Old Tech. Timing couldn't be more appropriate...I'll see you this week to hopefully give me car another 100k! :)
2010 Kizashi GTS AWD
Zeid_Nasser

Just returned from a visit to Old Tech. Words cannot describe my appreciation for you! My car’s life has been extended thanks to your transmission fix. And of course the laundry list of other things you addressed that have bugged me over the years.

I believe you’re the most knowledgeable person about this car, and Suzuki owes you a huge pat on the back for keeping their cars alive and sharing all that you do with everyone here. The passion that Suzuki’s product development teams, thousands of people from supply chain, design, engineering, more, would be happy to know one guy in PA is keeping their years of bringing this car to fruition, alive.

Thank you for giving my Kizzy the love it needed. I hope to keep it to for another 100k and beyond!
Attachments
37B7A738-E72E-4005-A843-FB2A92C357A1.jpeg
2010 Kizashi GTS AWD
bootymac

old tech wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:40 am Thank you guys for the nice comments and all of you are always welcome to drop in if you are ever in the area , or call for advice , parts , or just to gab . Always interesting to find out what other Kizashi fans do .

No longer a Kizashi owner but I still help maintain one. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge on these cars. Enthusiasts such as yourself are truly an asset to the community.