Kizashi AWD issues

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
Jsharpe10

Hi. I am new to this site and Suzukis. I bought a 2011 Kizashi a few months ago. It had the traction control light on when I bought it. The bearings are fine but I Havnt figured what the problem is yet.

I am wondering why the AWD is not working even tho I have the AWD button on.

Oh, the starter motor gave out shorty after I bought it. What a pain in the butt that was to change. Anyway, if anyone can tell me if the traction control light is on does that block the AWD let me know. And also is there a little motor/ actuator that seizes to engage the AWD.

Thanks in advance!!!!!
Woodie

Welcome !

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the traction control light disabled the AWD, just when you need it the most. The car tends to overreact in strange ways. If you've got a low tire pressure warning the entire information display in the middle of the instrument cluster goes out and is replaced with a billboard of panic.

Owner's Manual http://kizashiclub.com/forum/download/f ... b03d87c099
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

Have you checked for any error codes? It does indeed sound like some sensor issue or malfunction is disabling your AWD as it's actuated by a clutch pack. Hopefully Old Tech, a pro mechanic, will chime in and give you tips on what to investigate. Where are you located?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Jsharpe10

Thanks man!!!
Jsharpe10

I am located in St.John’s, Newfoundland, Canada. Looking forward to getting the little things figured out. It’s a beautiful car in great shape
old tech

The awd system can give you a trouble code but it drops memory with every key cycle. Drive till it lights up and read code or look at the data with a Snap-on scan tool . My guess is the air temp sensor to connector continuity is poor. Looking at the data the temp reading should be believable. The sensor is mounted straight up on top of the rear diff . You will probably need sensor and pigtail. I have them . $20 plus shipping.