How many Aussie Kizashi owners are out there?

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
OzzieKizzy

Hey Guys

Still waiting to for the dealer to add the finishing touches to my car before I can collect it.

I wonder how many Kizashi owners there are in Australia? I live in Adelaide, South Australia and I have seen two on the road, and thats all! The sales man even suggested he was finding it hard to sell them!

I loved the car after the first test drive! I had to go back and do another one, cos I wasnt sure if it was just because I have been driving a Holden (Korean) Barina for a while and had forgotten what it was like to drive a nice car!

I've had all sorts of cars in the past, 2003 SS VX 5.7l, 2003 WRX, Mazda Familia, Mazda 3, Mazda 6 MPS etc etc and this is the best I have driven for a VERY long time!

Let me know where all the Aussie owners are!
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav
Moto
Site Admin

I think there are two or three others on the forum, but they are not very active members.
mad77

Hi OzzieKizzy

We are picking up our new Kizashi on Wednesday, purchased yesterday...sooo excited! We don't see many around either, but for me that's half the appeal. I think I've only ever seen 3 or 4 on the road. We are in Newcastle, NSW but purchased from Sydney. We had test driven lots of cars and loved this straight away, went back a week later and still had the love so decided to purchase!
CLLee

Hi guys,

I'm in Melbourne. To date, I've only seen about 5 Kizashi's on the road - from late last year to this morning. Saw one yesterday as well.

I drive a black XLS CVT.

Last car was a 2005 Mazda6 hatch, and I've been quite active on several car forums. Life has caught on a bit, and forum activity is slowing down. I'm still a Mazda6 fan, but wanted something different but equally fun and involving to drive. Test drove the Kizashi and fell in love with it straight away. It's been over a month and 3500km, and I'm still excited about getting into the car every morning. Mind you, after 6 years and almost 200,000km, I was still excited about driving the Mazda6. But I think the Kizashi is giving me a bigger smile... :)

Look forward to seeing some Aussie owners too.
OzzieKizzy

Hey guys! Good to see there are some more owners out there!

Mad77 - You'll get yours before mine! I had a call today and the guys are having a couple issues fitting the sat nav unit. They've only fitted one before, so they are having a few dramas. Then the poor bloke fitting the unit leant on the eleccy window button and down went the window with the fresh tint, so that has to be re-done as well!

I had the same test driving experience as you too! It was the first car I tested and it put a massive smile on my face! My old man came with me too (he has an SX4 sedan) and he was well impressed. I had done plenty of research on the net, so I had narrowed down my options before actually getting in any car. We also looked at the Mazda3 MPS and it didnt come close to the Kizashi!

What colour and spec did you end up getting Mad77?

CLLee - I love the black on the Kizashi, they look fantastic! There was one in the yard where we got ours, but I just couldnt do it, I've had too many black cars in the past and my OCD when cleaning means I'm never happy with the end result HA HA! So that was why I went with the silver.

How do you find the CVT when driving? I've heard mixed reports about it and thats why I ended up going with manual.
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav
CLLee

Yes... Black cars.
Car detailing is a hobby. I've come up with a washing and waxing routine that has significantly reduced swirls, while maintaining a 'better than showroom' appearance on my dark green Mazda6 for 6 years. Also active in a car detailing forum, and the Kizashi has already been professionally detailed. As usual, the dealer's pre-delivery came with free swirls, scratches and holograms.

Re: CVT
Took some getting use to. After a month, for me, it's pretty good. As I drive a lot, I like something smooth, and once you get the hang of it, it's pretty gutsy.
OzzieKizzy

CLLee - You would have to have detailing as a hobby to have a black car! :lol:

Do you have any recomendations on which are the best products to use? I used to use an Enjo glove and a good Meguirs shamois, which actually seemed to work reasonably well, but I plan to keep this car for a lot longer than previous cars I've had.

re CVT; I was tempted with a good price, and in all honesty, I didnt drive one, but I scared myself out of it when I thought of the possibility of repair costs out of warranty later on down the track! :(
2011 XLS
Tinted
De-Badged
Kenwood Satnav
CLLee

I'm a member of this detailing forum.
http://forums.finalinspection.com.au/index.php

Very helpful and friendly bunch. I use mostly Final Inspection products (an awesome Melbourne based detailing company). And we have a meet (usually involving food) once/twice a year.

For my washing process - I'm currently using 8 x high quality microfibre mitts (one side for each panel of the car :shock: ), 2 buckets, a waffle weave microfibre drying towel, and a lot of good quality microfibre cloths.
Everything was bought from Final Inspection, as the quality surpasses any off-the-shelf products.

Here's 4yo Mazda6

As for waxing... I was using a combination of P21s100 and Optimum Car Wax for my Mazda6. But for the Kizashi, I'm in the process of trying new and different... we'll see ;)
~tc~

How do you use a combination of waxes? Mix and apply simultaneously, or wax with one and then turn around and wax with the other?
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Shaneous

Hand up - Adelaide owner here.

Black XLS CVT. Had since May 2010. Paint is pretty crappy quality, but keeping it reasonably clean thus far.