Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
 #49489  by WESHOOT2
 Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:06 pm
Boy did I take a ride yesterday. Found a 'road' I'd never been on, probably due to its un-maintained status as a Class 4 road.
But I made it.
Bald right front, scratches down its right flank, gravel in every possible location, dings in the windshield, lovin' it.

And I drove the wife's CR-V 440 miles Saturday to boot.

#49506  by WESHOOT2
 Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:09 pm
Noticed I'm 6500 miles since my last oil change, which got me thinking why my cars demand so few repairs.
It's not like I rigorously maintain them.

I think it's because I drive them so hard they don't dare break.

Or perhaps it's because everything gets really used: Full suspension strokes, engine wailing, transmission straining.

Mileage staying above 27MPG.

#49530  by WESHOOT2
 Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:11 pm
Just ordered me a set of
Waterfall Eco Dynamic Extra Load All-Season Tire 225/50R17 98W

for $214.37. That includes state tax and free delivery.

Kinda excited, 'cause it's getting impossible to drive the Kizashi on rainy roads :shock:

Mileage remains above 27MPG no matter how bad I behave.

#49531  by Ronzuki
 Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:57 pm
I feel ya...serious lateral drift in the rain through the twisties on the worn Kumhos. Passed state inspection for tread depth, but not passable the way I drive on them. Can't hold the lane and the speed safely any longer. The car's traction control and AWD systems do a really nice job of keeping the car heading in the direction it's pointed under throttle though. Without the TSC, it's not good at all. I drive like a maniac, but have to remain in my lane.
 #49533  by WESHOOT2
 Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:21 pm
The fronts are bald (he said, laughing), and are simply undriveable on many paved roads.
Even on non-paved surfaces they can provide 'interesting' moments of zero adhesion.

They're so bald I put a stock wheel/tire assembly in the trunk so I have an immediate swap, and the doughnut spare, at hand.
Just in case......
 #49535  by Tom Kizzie
 Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:03 am
Bald tires arent so comfartable either :D. I have the "black box" out of my trunk so i could put a fullsize spare wheel in the thrunk. Under the wheel i kept my tools in a blanket.