Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
 #50431  by rokitad
 Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:57 pm
Check engine light came on and obdii scan pulled up a p0016 error code (crank and cam position correlation), so I wanted to replace both of the sensors. Found and replaced the camshaft position sensor, but I can't find the crankshaft position sensor, so I'm worried that it's in some remote place where I'd have to pull up the engine or something to find it. Anyone know where it's located, and how I can get to it?
 #50438  by old tech
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:26 am
Crankshaft sensor is mounted on the block covered up by the alternator. Although I dont think this your problem. The car wouldnt even start if the crank sensor failed. I think your timing chain is just slack enough to get the cam just out of range and the chain at least should be changed.
 #50439  by rokitad
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:48 am
With the engine being sideways, how difficult would it be to swap the chain? I don't have much experience with something like that, so I don't know if I should even bother.