Diff oil change schedule

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
chazyouwin

Just had my 2WD Kizashi in for the 7500 mile maintenance. Thought there was some differential oil change on the maintenance schedule at that interval, but it says rear diff needs changing on the schedule. Since I have a 2WD (FWD) not a 4WD we didn't change anything. Am I missing something? The Jiffy Lube guy said the front bottom was sealed.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
nytq

That should be correct since the FWD doesn't have a differential. Check your specific manual for the interval. Seems to differ for location and driving conditions.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
chazyouwin

Thx. Reason I asked however, is that the 2WD sealing seems to suggest maintenance free. The maintenance schedule in the book is ambiguous - it wants iAWD oil (or something like that), for the rear diff, but says nothing about what to do for the 2WD. Nothing said, means no maintenance, IMO -but I'd like someone to verify for me.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
nytq

Yeah, I've noticed a lack of clear information on a few points in the manual. The safest bet is a quick call to your dealer so you can compare your manual with their suggestions. And if they do differ bring it up and insist on an explanation. I have a 2011 SE AWD in the US, and so far I have figured out the maintenance intervals, but that first diff oil change at 7500mi did catch me be surprise. But after the first it's not mentioned again until 60K. Apparently a breakin maintenance. Anyway your maintenance will be specific to your model, accessories and location, so like I mentioned, check with your dealer.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
lookin

i am confused by this i mentioned that service to dealer today he stated i didnt need that yet im at 8000 miles now the manual dont mention nothing about differential fluid
~tc~

This is only for the rear diff if you have AWD.

If you have FWD it doesn't pay to you
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic