Whinning Noise - CVT?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Bizzenn

Update on the new trans. I'm convinced that these trannys just can't handle heat. It's been a couple of weeks and if driven hard or it's hot, it starts to make the noises again but it's barely audible. It still drives smoother and engages into gear smoother and faster but I have a feeling that will change with more mileage. It's an all around fantastic car with a shitty trans which is unfortunate. No more cvt's for this guy.
coref1

No more cvt's for this guy.
I second that. Trouble is more and more cars are using them. I've got another three years to go on my warranty but I've already mentioned to my other half we may need to change cars at the end of the warranty. The new Mazda 3 is at the top of my list. At least it has a traditional auto. :?
Bizzenn

Me too. That's in my list but I like the elantra sport as well and it's about 8 grand less for a fully loaded model. I like the the genesis coupe but I have little ones so I have to wait:(
krell

I'm stock with the Suzuki I'll be retiring next year don't wanna be caught up in no more monthly car notes.
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
Bizzenn

Ok, so for 2 weeks with the new tranny it made no whining noises. A little over a month into it and it sounds worse than the old one. This can't be coincidental. I have to chick it up to a poorly designed transmission even for a cvt.
murcod

There was another user on here (a year or so back?) who had been through three (or more) CVT's . They kept fitting new ones and the CVT's kept on mysteriously failing.
David
Woodie

Metal bits in the fluid inside the cooler? Needs a new transmission and a good flushing out of the cooler lines at the same time?
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Bizzenn

It is a new trans. 1 month old.
coref1

Their answer to these cvt problems seems to be replace the transmission without bothering to find out whats actually causing them to fail.
Woodie

Bizzenn wrote:It is a new trans. 1 month old.
Yes, that was my point. A new transmission that was instantly contaminated by the old fluid inside the cooler.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency