USB more than 4gb - Kizashi

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Neipas09

Just got my tiny ass flash drive from newegg
Attachments
IMG_20120302_140609.jpg
mgp123

mgp123

Neipas09,

Did that 16gb you just got work?
BxKizashiS

So cool, i never thought of this lol... I already switched my radio out to a pioneer double din and use a flashdrive in the radio.. but this is cool whoeva thought of this
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
mgp123

waiting on parkway ford to get a response from suzuki about replacing my usb port. Carmax said they would fix it for free since it has both the carmax and the dealer warranties still on it(And, no one from the dealership showed us anything about the USB port). How ever in the meantime I'm wanting to make sure of the flash drive that will work(hence my question to Neipass09 about what he just bought). In the meantime, what can you tell maybe wrong with this port. I think a pin is bent and the insulator is missing. But I have not seen any other Kizashis, so it's a guess.
Attachments
usbpins.PNG
usbpins.PNG (85.41 KiB) Viewed 5056 times
murcod

That doesn't look right- the pin is certainly bent. I'm not sure about the insulator, but USB ports do normally have them.

Elsewhere, I think there was info showing that part simply plugs onto the end of a cable, so it should be a relatively easy fix. (Apart from accessing the USB port from behind- if you've got a manual trans it won't be too hard). http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =28&t=2663

This thread here shows an insulator should be there (it's only a drawing though) : http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... b&start=10
David
Moto
Site Admin

Bottom pin is mashed. I don't think you need the insulator as the inside of the male plug should have that.

It is probably $2 part, but it might be hard to fix depending on how it is mounted. I think KuroNekko may have had his apart. He will probably chime in if he did.
KuroNekko

I did not have mine apart as the USB port was fine and the housing around it was what needed to be fixed.
However, the pictured USB port above looks horrible. The inner insulator is missing and a pin is bent. Compare it to the picture of my USB port in the link in Murcod's post.
I'm thinking the whole USB port should be replaced.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
mgp123

I pulled a usb female port type A out of a usb hub. I'm going to make sure about the pins, but my biggest concern is how to get to the board. I don't want to bust up the console just for music =P By the way, Parkway Ford told me it would take at least 2 more weeks, and as I took the car there Sat. to get diagnosed, that's 3 weeks to get a USB plug fixed. So can't give them or carmax any props for that.
mgp123

KuroNekko,

Those pics are exactly what I needed. Just a quick question, How does the Square Plastic USB cover come off? Again I'm skiddish about busting things.

Thanks