Rear Noise - PLS HELP!!!

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
jedashi

Hi everyone,
My Kizashi AWD started making this weird noise few weeks ago - it is worse in the cold when the car has sat for a while e.g. in the winter morning. As the temperature rise, it becomes less noticeable but still not 100% gone. I have uploaded a video of the noise (with rear seat folded down) - can anyone pin point what is this noise???

I have seen lots of discussion about rear shock failed and have also raised it to the dealer but the service guy said there's actually no TSB recorded with the Australian Suzuki, unlike in America.

I will be bringing the car back to the dealer next week and I will make sure they don't use the can't reproduce excuse for not doing anything...

Video link:

Thanks!
bootymac

Can you describe the noise in more detail? Perhaps timestamps of when it occurs in the video? I'm not sure what I'm listening for
jedashi

The noise sounded like squeaking suspension / metal twisting noise - I thought it would be very obvious from the video as from 50secs onwards it is constantly happening. Imagine the car go over bumpy road and every time when the suspension is absorbing the energy of the bounce, it generates the noise. But honestly I am not sure if it is definitely from the suspension or else where.

Coincidently I found another video uploaded by another user which has the exact same noise:

murcod

Perhaps print out the Suzuki USA TSB and take it into the dealer? Suzuki Australia just seem to ignore well known Kizashi issues that have surfaced overseas - even though all Kizashi's come from the same factory and LHD/ RHD models would use many common parts.

I've posted pics of the bump stops from my Aussie 2011 model (in the TSB thread) and they're the type that are causing the problems in the USA due to water leaking onto the shock top. It's probably not such a huge issue here as we don't get snow/ salted roads.

PS: There was another Aussie owner who had creaking rear suspension- CLLee from memory?
David
murcod

You've probably already found these threads:

http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... k+bump+tsb
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... k+bump+tsb
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/downlo ... hp?id=1575 - TSB
CLLee wrote:This is great info guys.
I'll write to the service manager after Christmas regarding this with the TSB attached.

I did had the rear suspension squeak and the dealer fixed it. They took it apart and found that there's some grime. Cleaned it up, lubricated it and told me the parts and seal are still in good condition. This is before the TSB release.

I'll write in saying since it's a known problem and it has happened before, it's bound to happen again and should be fixed under warranty (exp 5/2014).

See how it goes.
His car was written off in an accident a few months back - so who knows if they permanently fixed it.
David
KuroNekko

That noise is from the rear shocks because the oil in them has leaked out. Basically, you need new rear shocks. You may have even noticed ride quality decline as the noise came about.
I'm sure of this because I had the rear shocks in two cars fail (one of which was the Kizashi's) and they both made this rear squeaking noise, especially over bumps, potholes, etc. The Kizashi has a design flaw with its rear bump stoppers that are mounted on top of the rear shocks. They basically trap water which contributes to the corrosion of the rear shocks. Given all Kizashis in the world came from the same factory in Japan, I consider all Kizashis susceptible to this issue unless your car came from the factory with the countermeasure part.

I advise that you take the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) that Murcod linked and visit your Suzuki service dealership. I did so after the Suzuki bail-out and they still covered it under warranty. I got new shocks and the countermeasure bump stoppers which I discussed in detail in the thread Murcod linked. The noise then was gone and the ride quality improved.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
CLLee

I think that's my video :-)

Like Murcod said, my Kizashi was written off a few months ago.

In the few months after the shocks repair, the car had no squeaking at all and everything was going smoothly. I was going to ask the dealer if they knew about the TSB in the next service. Then my Kizashi got written off in a rear ender. And coincidentally, they stopped selling Suzuki (they were originally a Volvo dealer).
What timing... :P

Print out the TSB, like murcod said, and bring it to the dealer and see what they say.
Or even show them the threads found here and the repairs done.

Good luck.
jedashi

Thanks everyone - I did print out the TSB and brought it to the dealer.

Story is I took my car in for 30k service 3 weeks ago and before the appointment, I have spoken to them and also given them the TSB print out. Well dealer being dealer, he is saying that there is no TSB with the Australian Suzuki for the bump stopper issue.

I will be insisting for this repair now under warranty (exp 2017) and if they refuse, I will be speaking to Suzuki Australia too.

Finger crossed!
KuroNekko

It doesn't really matter what caused the failure of the shocks. If they are indeed leaking oil and creaking, and you are under warranty, Suzuki needs to replace them.

What's your odometer reading and what's Suzuki's warranty coverage in Australia?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
jedashi

Odometer reading is around 29,000 (yes I did 30k service at 28,xxx kms - service my car every 5,000kms and extremely fussy with everything).

the car is still basically in showroom condition other than this annoying rear noise :evil:

I have a 5 year 100,000 kms warranty which basically last till Jun 2017.