Help! Locked out of car 600 miles from home; replaced key fob battery but still can't unlock the car

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
ptc1976

I have a 2011 Kizashi that I've had very little trouble with. I drove 600 miles a couple of days ago with no problems. Locked the car as usual, came out of my daughter's home the next morning to get in my car, the fob would not unlock the doors or the trunk. I tried to unlock the door with the key and, while the key fits and turns in the lock, it would not unlock the door. I replaced the battery in the fob, assuming this would fix the problem. The light now shows on the fob when a button is pressed but it doesn't work to open the car. I'm stuck in Nashville; I think the nearest dealership that works on Suzukis is in Clarksville. I need to get back to Kansas City. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on that I could do something about short of having to get my car towed to another city? Thanks!
BLyons

This is going to sound dumb, but did you try turning the key both ways in the lock? My fob battery just died last week, and I had to turn the key the opposite way of what seemed intuitive to me to unlock the door, though it has been many years since I've used a key to unlock one so maybe that's the normal direction.

Other than that, it almost sounds to me like some sort of security mode kicked in, and I have no idea what to do about that.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
ptc1976

Yes, I tried many times and could tell that the key was fully turning each way. I'm afraid that you're probably right about the security mode thing! I appreciate your response! I'll be making phone calls in the morning!
LPSISRL

Umm... AAA or Pop-A-Lock to get you in the car?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Dawn's Kizashi

Hi everyone new to the group so I'm hoping I will get some quick fix answers PLEASE I have a 2010 suzuki kizashi my battery was run dead well when I try unlock the door with a key fob the lights come on I hear a beep but the car doesn't unlock so I try to use the original key on the driver door and it won't turn to the left or the right what do I do PLEASE HELP!
KuroNekko

Dawn's Kizashi wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:20 pm Hi everyone new to the group so I'm hoping I will get some quick fix answers PLEASE I have a 2010 suzuki kizashi my battery was run dead well when I try unlock the door with a key fob the lights come on I hear a beep but the car doesn't unlock so I try to use the original key on the driver door and it won't turn to the left or the right what do I do PLEASE HELP!
Is the key cut properly? Assuming it is, make sure you fully turn the key to unlock the driver door. It can be a bit harder than expected.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

The mechanical lock is often stuck after thirteen years of sitting in one spot. You might try shooting some WD-40 into the lock and then try the key again. Best practice is to use the key on the lock once a year to keep it exercised.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency