Speed sensing door locks??

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Endeavour1200

SAEED_KIZZY wrote:
Endeavour1200 wrote: Wow, thanks for this. Yes, can you please send the source code, I'll be grateful. And could you also send some instructions on how to run this? Do I have to tap into the wires manually or can this be done with an OBD2 adapter? I have an obd adapter, so let me know how you did it! Thanks alot.
unfortunately no, my solution is not connected to the Car CAN bus. it is a stand-alone microcontroller.
source code must be compiled and programmed into the microcontroller to run. special programmer needed and in my case is a JTAG programmer. source code is written in C language and can be used as a reference for your design.
Okay, so what do I have to do? I have some questions so of you could answer them, I'll be very grateful. If you send me the source code, do I have to buy a JTAG programmer and then permanently fix it in the car? How is it going to connect to the car? Is the microcontroller a now permanent part of the wiring or is it a one time flash and forget kind of a thing?

Also sort of off-topic, can I use this microcontroller to see the original odometer reading (or even the 'engine run hours' or a similar stat)? I suspect my odometer is tampered with, so I wanted to know the real mileage. Thanks a ton and sorry for so many questions.
SAEED_KIZZY

Endeavour1200 wrote: Okay, so what do I have to do? I have some questions so of you could answer them, I'll be very grateful. If you send me the source code, do I have to buy a JTAG programmer and then permanently fix it in the car? How is it going to connect to the car? Is the microcontroller a now permanent part of the wiring or is it a one time flash and forget kind of a thing?

Also, sort of off-topic, can I use this microcontroller to see the original odometer reading (or even the 'engine run hours' or a similar stat)? I suspect my odometer is tampered with, so I wanted to know the real mileage. Thanks a ton and sorry for so many questions.
No problem happy to help :)
I think it is better first I show you my design some pictures of it if you still interested then I do a full review and share schematics PCB and also source codes for the project and then how to DIY.
about the odometer, actually, my friend do that and change the mileage of his car, and when I connect to the car by scan tool (SDT2 scan tool) actual milage is also changed and there is no way to find out the real mileage of the car(at least with my scan tool)
Endeavour1200

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: No problem happy to help :)
I think it is better first I show you my design some pictures of it if you still interested then I do a full review and share schematics PCB and also source codes for the project and then how to DIY.
about the odometer, actually, my friend do that and change the mileage of his car, and when I connect to the car by scan tool (SDT2 scan tool) actual milage is also changed and there is no way to find out the real mileage of the car(at least with my scan tool)
Okay sure. Will you post the pictures here or somewhere else?
Regarding the odometer, okay got it thanks.
SAEED_KIZZY

Endeavour1200 wrote:
here
Endeavour1200

SAEED_KIZZY wrote:
Endeavour1200 wrote:
here
Ok thanks, looking forward to seeing them.
SAEED_KIZZY

Endeavour1200 wrote: Ok thanks, looking forward to seeing them.
this is my unit to control some task in my Kizashi
photo_2021-01-04_18-23-17.jpg
photo_2021-01-04_18-23-17.jpg (162.9 KiB) Viewed 3666 times
it a simple 2 Layer Printed Circuit Board(PCB) which I designed, make, and assembled and black BOX to mount.
this PCB has 2 types of connectors one for tapping into car signal wires such as VSS(vhicle speed), DOOR LOCK, ACC(12V) and GND and one for programming microcontroller inside PCB.
photo_2021-01-04_18-23-00.jpg
photo_2021-01-04_18-23-00.jpg (75.8 KiB) Viewed 3666 times
photo_2021-01-04_18-23-06.jpg
photo_2021-01-04_18-23-06.jpg (105.31 KiB) Viewed 3666 times
in order to work this thing first, I tap into the car signal and connect that cable to my unit then press the car start button once to provide ACC power to unit after powering up the unit then I connect the programming cable to the unit and program its internal flash of microcontroller and that's all disconnect programming cable and now the unit is started and running every time I start the car.
if the car is off then the unit is off so there is no power leakage problem.
I mounted this unit in the back of the headunit and all of the required signals can be accessed through the head unit connector.
that's overall use case of my design. sorry for the bad presentation
Endeavour1200

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: this is my unit to control some task in my Kizashi

it a simple 2 Layer Printed Circuit Board(PCB) which I designed, make, and assembled and black BOX to mount.
this PCB has 2 types of connectors one for tapping into car signal wires such as VSS(vhicle speed), DOOR LOCK, ACC(12V) and GND and one for programming microcontroller inside PCB.

in order to work this thing first, I tap into the car signal and connect that cable to my unit then press the car start button once to provide ACC power to unit after powering up the unit then I connect the programming cable to the unit and program its internal flash of microcontroller and that's all disconnect programming cable and now the unit is started and running every time I start the car.
I mounted this unit in the back of the headunit and all of the required signals can be accessed through the head unit connector.
Thank you for these pictures. One question, does this microcontroller only control the speed sensing door locks, or can it do some more tasks too? If you have programmed it to do some more tasks, let me know what tasks it can perform because to be honest it looks like a lot of hassle for just door locks. Thanks :drive:
SAEED_KIZZY

Endeavour1200 wrote:
SAEED_KIZZY wrote: this is my unit to control some task in my Kizashi

Thank you for these pictures. One question, does this microcontroller only control the speed sensing door locks, or can it do some more tasks too? If you have programmed it to do some more tasks, let me know what tasks it can perform because to be honest it looks like a lot of hassle for just door locks. Thanks :drive:
I do these tasks with this unit too
1- enable front right side camera when car is started and speed below 20km
2- switch between front and rear camera when car is in reverse
3- automatic door unlock when car is in full stop and the parking brake is pulled up.
4- automatic hazard warning light flash when car deaccelerate below -4 m/s2(not finished coding and under development)

for every task you need some additional wiring and tapping I can not find a ways to talk to car CAN bus I did not find good reference on internet :(
Endeavour1200

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: I do these tasks with this unit too
1- enable front right side camera when car is started and speed below 20km
2- switch between front and rear camera when car is in reverse
3- automatic door unlock when car is in full stop and the parking brake is pulled up.
4- automatic hazard warning light flash when car deaccelerate below -4 m/s2(not finished coding and under development)

for every task you need some additional wiring and tapping I can not find a ways to talk to car CAN bus I did not find good reference on internet :(
Okay, that's great. Also correct me if I'm wrong but can we add a Bluetooth module to this controller? That way by integrating it with a add-on microphone, the bluetooth can be used for calls and music, as mine doesn't have bluetooth. It can be programmed to replace the CD button (as I don't use CDs) and something like one press turns bluetooth on, two presses puts it in pairing mode etc. If possible it'll take alot of coding and debugging, that's for sure. But can it be integrated?
SAEED_KIZZY

Endeavour1200 wrote: Okay, that's great. Also correct me if I'm wrong but can we add a Bluetooth module to this controller? That way by integrating it with a add-on microphone, the bluetooth can be used for calls and music, as mine doesn't have bluetooth. It can be programmed to replace the CD button (as I don't use CDs) and something like one press turns bluetooth on, two presses puts it in pairing mode etc. If possible it'll take alot of coding and debugging, that's for sure. But can it be integrated?
you can add Bluetooth to the unit but for play music and call I suggest to replace the stock headunit with the android aftermarket one then you can add rear and front camera too