Rusty Lug Nuts

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
twoqttsdad

Just picked up an SLS a couple weeks ago.

So enjoyable to wash a new car! Except finding that some of the lug nuts are starting to show signs of the beginning of corrosion with the rust color at the edges of the lug nuts.

I'm going to ask my salesperson about getting a replacement set put on hoping the new set is better.

Has anyone experienced the same?
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
murcod

It could be from someone using the incorrect size (or a cheap quality) socket to undo them and it's broken the chrome coating on the edges.
David
twoqttsdad

2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
murcod

Better off just posting the links due to the board limitations on photo sizes.

You might be able to get them done under warranty as it's not where I thought you meant they were rusting. The quality of the chrome looks very average too.
David
twoqttsdad

Thanks Murcod. I sent my salesperson the pics. I can't see why they wouldn't replace them but if they won't, I believe Subaru lugs are also 12 x 1.25. I think the lugs are the flat washer type and not tapered at the end. Maybe the Subaru ones are better.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
murcod

Mine are tapered- I'd be thinking yours would be the same?
David
Ronzuki

Lugs are conical on the Kiz. The SX4s have/had a 'problem' w/ fuzzy nuts. Essentially corrosion turning them that nasty dull fuzzy grey/white finish. I had them replaced once under warranty on our old '08. Less than 6 months later, same thing. Then they replaced them under warranty w/ the nice black chrome Suzuki SWT accessory locking lugs which are now on our 2011 SX4. Might be possible for a warranty upgrade on your Kiz.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
twoqttsdad

I hope so. I spoke to the service department and they said lug nuts are not covered under warranty. My salesperson said it would be covered by the sales department, just need to have the service guys look at it and place the order for the replacement. I doubt the replacement being any better but being optimistic that it will be.
Since hearing that your SX4 were covered I think I'll try to contact Suzuki to see if they should be covered on mine.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
Ronzuki

That was a total dealer replacement I received back in 2009....they may not have ever contacted Suzuki for all I know. The service manager at the small dealer we bought the 08 from was also the parts manager. He just did it right there on the spot, walked back in to his parts cage, pulled out the set of lugs and asked me if I thought those would work for me. I said yep and they put them on. Unfortunately, they sold the franchise and closed up when Isuzu, the only other brand at that store, pulled out of the states. The sales dept covering small stuff like this is a common practice, they want to keep you happy and hopefully coming back to them for a future vehicle purchase.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Blackbelt

I have had the ones on my SX4 replaced twice under warranty, no problem. Very common issue with the SX4.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD