Kizashi Differences Around the World

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
bootymac

KuroNekko wrote:Wow, you do get all the goodies... but you guys sure pay a lot more for the car.
Do you have HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlights for the low beams?
Looks like they do get HIDs with auto level. Check out page 20 of the UK brochure:

http://www.autoevolution.com/car-brochu ... 13-uk.html
bootymac

honsonwong wrote:In Canada (I believe), we don't have TPMS.
I think you're right. My Kizashi has rubber valve stems and TPMS isn't mentioned anywhere in the brochure
~tc~

paininthenuts wrote:No, the wing mirrors fold by using a switch just below the wing mirror adjusters.
Rat bastards! What's the part numbers? That's an option I would like to retrofit!
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
paininthenuts

You simply mean the side mirrors fold by hand, not motor, correct?
If so, that's no different than what we have, SamirD.

We probably don't have front parking sensors because North America is generally much easier to park in than densely populated areas of Europe and Asia with limited parking spaces.[/quote]

No, the wing mirrors fold by using a switch just below the wing mirror adjusters.[/quote]

Wow, you do get all the goodies... but you guys sure pay a lot more for the car.
Do you have HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlights for the low beams?[/quote]

Yes we get the hid lights. As far as the cost goes I paid £14k (20000 dollars) new for the all singing and dancing sport although the original list price was 22k
SamirD

paininthenuts wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
paininthenuts wrote: Folding wing mirrors that are heated and electrically adjustable
You simply mean the side mirrors fold by hand, not motor, correct?
If so, that's no different than what we have, SamirD.

We probably don't have front parking sensors because North America is generally much easier to park in than densely populated areas of Europe and Asia with limited parking spaces.
No, the wing mirrors fold by using a switch just below the wing mirror adjusters.
Pic please! I'd love to see that switch.
SamirD

bootymac wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:Wow, you do get all the goodies... but you guys sure pay a lot more for the car.
Do you have HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlights for the low beams?
Looks like they do get HIDs with auto level. Check out page 20 of the UK brochure:

http://www.autoevolution.com/car-brochu ... 13-uk.html
Awesome link! That brochure has close up pictures of the front bumper showing the front parking sensors as well as an image of the headlight washer working. 8-)

I would like whole new front bumper with the sensors and HIDs please. :mrgreen:

What's also interesting in that brochure is they mention a 'bulb pack' as an accessory that comes with a spare bulb of what seems like every bulb in the car. Is this a real accessory? I liked that and the emergency pack with jumper cables and gloves.
SamirD

bootymac wrote:
honsonwong wrote:In Canada (I believe), we don't have TPMS.
I think you're right. My Kizashi has rubber valve stems and TPMS isn't mentioned anywhere in the brochure
And that makes changing to your snow set of tires a whole lot easier. ;)
SamirD

~tc~ wrote:
paininthenuts wrote:No, the wing mirrors fold by using a switch just below the wing mirror adjusters.
Rat bastards! What's the part numbers? That's an option I would like to retrofit!
Me too! Anyone willing to call up a local dealership and find out all the part numbers in the entire assembly? (switch, wiring harness, mirror assembly)

I'm sure we could order the parts here in the US with the right part numbers. 8-)
paininthenuts

SamirD wrote:
~tc~ wrote:
Me too! Anyone willing to call up a local dealership and find out all the part numbers in the entire assembly? (switch, wiring harness, mirror assembly)

I'm sure we could order the parts here in the US with the right part numbers. 8-)
This is it
Attachments
wm switch.JPG
wm switch.JPG (147.07 KiB) Viewed 4831 times
~tc~

Checked, and the switch is the same shape in our door panels - where the switch goes is just blanked out. Curious if the wiring is there (it could very well be). If only the switch and mirror housing needed to be changed, that would make an awesome swap!
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic