Kizashi v Mazda 6

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Firefly

A question for the Aussies: How is the Mazda 6 selling? In the U.S., sales have been far short of what Mazda was hoping.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
murcod

The 3 has always been their big seller here - in fact it has been (in the past) the highest selling privately bought vehicle (ie. excluding fleet sales.)

In April, Toyota Corolla was 1st , Mazda 3 was 2nd, Mazda CX-5 was 7th, Mazda 2 was 16th..... in fact, the 6 isn't even listed in the top 20 sellers! It's grown too big IMHO for the average Aussie private buyer. SUV's are selling well for people who need more space eg. Toyota Prado 5th, Rav4 6th, Hyundai ix35 9th, Jeep Grand Cherokee 14th, Subaru Forester 18th, Honda CRV 19th.
David
KuroNekko

Mazda isn't selling as well as they should in the United States. The 6 is not selling too well and in fact, neither is the 3. The new Mazda3 is not selling in ways Mazda hoped it would despite being arguably the best car in the segment. A lot of people blame the price as it can get up there when loaded with options.

Many Americans are also brand loyal, especially when it comes to Japanese cars and usually favor Honda or Toyota over all the others. While I consider them good brands, I think their reputations are overblown while the rest of the other Japanese cars are pretty much just as good. It seems to me that Toyota and Honda are resting on their laurels from their reputations built in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

Actually the same thing about the 3's sales was said in the magazine I got those numbers from. They were expecting better.
David
bootymac

On the topic of sales figures, I'm a huge stats guy so I thought I'd share this site that tracks vehicle sales monthly: http://www.goodcarbadcar.net
murcod

:lol: Good ol US of A - best seller Ford F Series with over 65000 sales! :shock: Next Chevy Silverado, then Camry and Dodge Ram.

I'm guessing petrol prices can dictate sales?

Mazda 6 is down at 85 with 4793 sales in June. Mazda 3 at 44 with 8824.

It's very interesting the differences between Australia and USA with model ranking / popularity / sales for the same models.
David
Firefly

KuroNekko wrote:Mazda isn't selling as well as they should in the United States. The 6 is not selling too well and in fact, neither is the 3. The new Mazda3 is not selling in ways Mazda hoped it would despite being arguably the best car in the segment.
Part of this - I feel - is related to the recent economic slump. In a slow cautious recovery consumers are going for proven value and reliability.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
CLLee

Speaking to my cousin in Malaysia, Mazda only began to gain some attention about 8-10 years ago, and only shortly after that a company began importing them solely. It's still a market dominated by Toyota and Honda, and Merc and BMW in the higher end.

They only have ONE trim for the new Mazda 3 (2.0L with leather+HID+18"+MZD, but without HUD). Selling at RM139,000 (~AUS$48,000).
Most other cars are only given a choice of a lower and upper trim. It's a market that puts badge prestige and segment size over most other things.
The Kizashi was launched there in 2011/12, I think and was sold for around RM150,000 (~AUS$52,000). Most reviews centred around the car being a C segment charging a D segment price - "would rather buy a Camry or Accord with more leg room, more executive, etc"
From what I heard, they are not selling well, and to date my cousin has not seen one in Kuala Lumpur.

Here's their latest attempt to grab some attention:
http://paultan.org/2014/05/16/suzuki-ki ... d-edition/
murcod

CLLee wrote: From what I heard, they are not selling well, and to date my cousin has not seen one in Kuala Lumpur.

Here's their latest attempt to grab some attention:
http://paultan.org/2014/05/16/suzuki-ki ... d-edition/
Some interesting stuff (errors I expect?) in there:
Besides the matte black exterior shade, the car gets a new 2-Din audio system with touchscreen, navigation as well as a HD reverse camera with night mode. Standard kit includes leather seats, six airbags and ESP, bi-Xenons and push-start ignition and, in the case of the Sport, 18-inch alloys wrapped with 235/45 rubbers
A High Definition reversing camera? Bi Xenon headlights? :D
David
CLLee

I know... LOL