114 days; Part II

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

WESHOOT2 wrote:Surgery tomorrow (hopefully minor and as successful as the last nine) so I won't be adding many miles in the coming few weeks.

Hope gas prices get lower while I recover :mrgreen:

Best of luck and wish you a speedy recovery.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
DesRado

Wishing you a successful surgery and quick recovery
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

WESHOOT2

I ain't dead, and most of me is still attached.

DesRado

You have passed me in mileage! Keep on truckin'
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

WESHOOT2

Thank whomever for these low gas prices........piles o' miles!
WESHOOT2

So I got my wheels full of snow (which then melts enough to adhere to the wheel, causing a horrific out-of-balance condition that literally makes the wheel hop) and I had to rinse them out and it was easy.

My choice of wheel so far has proved smart.

IMG_2856.JPG
IMG_2856.JPG (312.85 KiB) Viewed 4335 times

WESHOOT2

Additional thoughts:

First, about light or lighter wheels; take a look at the recent Car & Driver magazine. There's a superb short article on what difference in performance lightweight wheels provide.
Take-away: Significant reductions in wheel weights improves acceleration significantly.
Cool.

And that thing about how some of us seem to think our headlights dim when we apply our brakes; it's true.
Both my Kizashis show this symptom, and I can confirm it by simply applying the brakes whilst still on the gas.
Yep, they dim.
BFD.

Last tank 23.4 MPG, reflecting my continued driving style.
I kept it just under 105 MPH this very morning on the way to work, moonroof open, smoke in hand.......35 miles, 32 minutes.

nytq

WESHOOT2 wrote:Additional thoughts:

First, about light or lighter wheels; take a look at the recent Car & Driver magazine. There's a superb short article on what difference in performance lightweight wheels provide.
Take-away: Significant reductions in wheel weights improves acceleration significantly.
Cool.

And that thing about how some of us seem to think our headlights dim when we apply our brakes; it's true.
Both my Kizashis show this symptom, and I can confirm it by simply applying the brakes whilst still on the gas.
Yep, they dim.
BFD.

Last tank 23.4 MPG, reflecting my continued driving style.
I kept it just under 105 MPH this very morning on the way to work, moonroof open, smoke in hand.......35 miles, 32 minutes.

I've seen dimming headlights occur on just about every car I've owned. Usually more noticeable when the car is idleing, or where the RPM's get dragged down.

FYI, you won't see that with LED's or HID as they are not run on direct 12VDC from the car, so even if the input power fluctuates a bit, the output to the LED or the HID Bulb stays constant.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
KuroNekko

nytq wrote:
FYI, you won't see that with LED's or HID as they are not run on direct 12VDC from the car, so even if the input power fluctuates a bit, the output to the LED or the HID Bulb stays constant.
They don't dim, but they flicker. These systems are actually more sensitive to voltage drops than halogens because they are either on or off and don't fade/dim like halogens. The Kizashi also seems to have a lower voltage at idle than many other cars because the lights, regardless of type, are quite sensitive. The good thing about LEDs and HIDs is that you can install capacitors in the harnesses to stabilize the voltage powering them. It's something I need to do once things get a little warmer as my LH HID bulb sometimes flickers at idle. My LED DRLs also flickered at idle when I had them. Neither would flicker when the engine was under load and the alternator was producing higher voltage.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
nytq

KuroNekko wrote:
nytq wrote:
They don't dim, but they flicker. These systems are actually more sensitive to voltage drops than halogens because they are either on or off and don't fade/dim like halogens. The Kizashi also seems to have a lower voltage at idle than many other cars because the lights, regardless of type, are quite sensitive. The good thing about LEDs and HIDs is that you can install capacitors in the harnesses to stabilize the voltage powering them. It's something I need to do once things get a little warmer as my LH HID bulb sometimes flickers at idle. My LED DRLs also flickered at idle when I had them. Neither would flicker when the engine was under load and the alternator was producing higher voltage.

I do get flickering on my cheapo HID's used on the FOG's. My Low's have the next level up on price (they are designated as digital) and they don't flicker at all. The only thing I notice with both is a warming up phase, about 5 seconds when cold before you see full strength.

I don't see dimming or flickering on the LED bulbs around the car. All exterior bulbs are led (except the side turning signals)
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK