Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
 #51368  by MichaelYoung
 Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:41 am
My flex pipe needs replaced before the cat, idk what size to get? Any help? :facepalm:
 #51370  by old tech
 Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:53 pm
Original flex is a 2 1/4 id X 8 in welded in. Fastest cheapest quality repair is welding in a 2 1/4 X 10 flex . Bosal carries these. When replacing an original, you should keep the same length or longer of flex section. Many times i have seen the big name stores sell a shorter flex (4in) with added collars to customers and then it fail prematurely. Done right it will last. I can get that part no. later if you need it
 #51371  by old tech
 Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:43 pm
10 in flex Bosal 265-335
8 in flex Bosal 265-333 you would need a piece of 2 1/4 pipe 1 1/2 long to make it work. Either pipe shouldnt be more than $15
 #51373  by AirRideFan
 Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:03 am
Thanks for this info... https://www.carid.com/bosal/inner-braid ... l#warranty It doesn't say if it's Stainless Steel or not.. assuming it IS. What about welding it on, thinkin the welds should be stainless ? I'm replacing this part on my Kiz for the 2nd time now...and pissed off about it. I want this one to last. (the welds actually were not the problem this time---- the cheaper, aftermarket...NON-Stainless Flex Pipe the shop used, blew out, right in the middle... from corrosion....never touched anything) ttshh