Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
 #52395  by Ronzuki
 Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:29 pm
:roll: A tad over 4 years....pathetic. Batteries.... EV's? No thanks.
 #52396  by SamirD
 Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:45 pm
Yep, but I plan to check if it's corrosion tomorrow. I saw a thin layer on the positive terminal so it could be just this. Plus, the car sits a lot more than it did when it was in the midwest where it was used at least once a day. In AL, it's lucky if it's driven once a week. And the crazy thing is that it is in the worst shape ever since I haven't had time to go through it like I was every 6 months before. :( :cry: :cry:
 #52399  by KuroNekko
 Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:45 am
Ronzuki wrote::roll: A tad over 4 years....pathetic. Batteries.... EV's? No thanks.

Car battery chemistry and EV battery chemistry aren't even the same. Hybrid and EV batteries far outlast *gasp* CVTs. :lol:
 #52416  by Ronzuki
 Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:47 pm
I would hope so for that kind of coin. The problem remains that when they need replaced, and they will, 1) it's not something you're going to be able to do yourself very likely and 2) it's massive money...as in time to buy a new car. My financial advisor recently learned the lesson with her pristine old Honda. Guess what she bought new this time around? yeah, back to a good old fashioned fuel efficient gasser :roll:

And, please, spare me the eco-friendly BS regarding electric vehicles, as well as any other carbon-neutral political non-sense. The masses have proven their complete lack of knowledge (or willingness to admit) the toxic nightmares, waste, and by-products (trucked to, and buried in, their local land-fills) that are created by the industrial scale production of the materials and processes required for these so-called eco-friendly, carbon neutral technologies. Nothing is for free or w/o harm in life. Every battery production facility known to man is essentially a super-fund clean-up site in the making. You want to drive something, anything, pollution is going to happen. Period. The pandemic has demonstrated the best way to save the environment and the planet.

Point being your everyday car battery used to last a helluva lot longer than 3 or 4 measly years if maintained...why not now? With all of our wonderful technological advancements and whatnot? Oh, yeah, not selling enough thus generating enough profit. EHow's all that play out with eco-friendly and save the planet?
 #52484  by SamirD
 Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:04 pm
Didn't get a chance to check for corrosion yet. And there's a good chance I'll have to connect it to a battery tender or call AAA to get the car moving the next time I need to drive it. Poor Kizashi deserves better than this after how good it has been to us. :cry: :cry: :cry: