WOOD DASH

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
pmw1213

Yes different materials, they are cut to fit perfectly, had no trouble just follow instructions, I use they stock color medium burl. The flip door comes off easly,slowly seperate bottom by hand and top just slides off I put trim on door and then reinstalled, made it easier. I had to do no trimming at all. From what understand they don't have for dash with nav in it yet.
gaww

pmw1213 wrote:Yes different materials, they are cut to fit perfectly, had no trouble just follow instructions, I use they stock color medium burl. The flip door comes off easily,slowly separate bottom by hand and top just slides off I put trim on door and then reinstalled, made it easier. I had to do no trimming at all. From what understand they don't have for dash with nav in it yet.

Did you get the Sherwood or B&I kit?

I am getting the Sherwood tomorrow. Am pre-cleaning areas today.

I have a Silver car with all black interior. It looks great inside at night with the dash lighted up, but in the day - rather nondescript due to all back dash. Hoping this will dress it up.
Firefly

Walked past a Mercedes today that had a black interior. The wood really stands out. Should look great - please post pics when you are done.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
gaww

I got it delivered 1 hour ago and just finished processing a return - lol. I also re-ordered a kit. Why you might ask?

Nowhere on their site do they display anything but burl-wood patterns, but be careful. When I opened up the packing - it was OMG - this looks cheap and tacky. it was a horizontal grain with very wide grain spacing. Took the main pieces out to the car - and it did not work at all.

I did the re-order on the phone, The agent apologized about their website and processed my replacement order. I upgraded to the full package and with a discount he offered (I had found a code for the original). I am being billed only about $15 more then the original smaller package.

I strongly recommend after viewing the products on the website, that you then call them to be totally sure you are on the same page.

Oh well, another two weeks (most of the time is Sherwood mating it and shipping it out - so don't waste money on express shipping).
gaww

I have an unused Sherwood basic kit in rosewood that I am not going to use. I will make a good deal on it here if anyone is interested. Wanted to check here before I posted on eBay.

I have a silver Kkizashi with black interior that I did not think the rosewood looked good with. There are pic's of the rosewood install on a tan dash in the Gallery and Video section if you want to check it out.

I reordered a burled pattern kit, so I will still be doing it, but I have an extra kit. - so if interested just pm me.