Now that you've had it a while...

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Zeid

Sorry for the typos, I'm on my Blackberry!
Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD-Platinum Silver-Since 5/28/10
Mechanical Engineer
Owner of http://www.theCollegeDriver.com
Flyby

Great feedback Zeid. Only one change suggestion? That's satisfied customer! I like that "tight steering" comment too. ;) Nice to know the chipped paint issue seems to have been addressed in later production models. What's Suzuki doing about owners of the more chip-prone production run? That should speak to Suzuki's customer commitment.
Flyby out
Drive that thing or pull over! (Either common sense ain't all that common, or it ain't what it's cracked up to be)
Hawkzilla

Zeid wrote:Bought my GTS AWD last Friday. Absolutely love itive compared this car to the legacy and fusion awd, and this car is still better. It's stylish, has tight steering, great seats, the 3iblink lane change feature (which I love) and is impossible to find on anything except luxury or german cars). No paint chip issue and I've driven over 600 miles on highway, back rods with pebbles and tiny rocks. Manuf march 2010

The CVT is interesting. Off-the-line power is great UP TO 15MPH, from there the ratio gets larger and it seems to drag. Gun it though and it will go! Manual shifting also fixes the problem entirely, either by the shifter in manual mode or the paddle shifters I've been averaging 28 mpg in 30% city, 70% highway.

Commutes are great, I LOVE the streaming bluetooth audio feature. I can stream pandora internet radio from my blackberry as well.

The headlights and foglights are amazing, as are the orangish footwell lights at night (can be customized through the info display by holding down Display button for a few seconds while zashi is parked).

The ONLY thing I would change is making auto-headlights standard. That's it. Rockford fosgate is AMAZING, better than any Bose, Mark Levinson, or Pioneer system I've heard in other cars.

This car just asks for attention wherever it goes. In a good way though! Everyone looks shocked when they see the Suzuki S or name on the back. Who knew they could build the most feature-full and fun to drive car in it's class, at a great price! Congrats to Suzuki engineers and marketers for knowing what real drivers want and packaging it all in a classy design!
Three questions:

1) What is the 3ipoint lane change system you speak of??

2) Your Kizashi is FAST from 0-15mph, then slow?? That is the exact opposite of mine. After 15mph, if I punch it my Zashi takes off, but before that it is very slow off the line.

3) You can change the color of the illumination on the dash?? Please explain further, I'm VERY interested in this!

Thanks and welcome to the club! 8-)
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
gaww

Zeid wrote:Bought my GTS AWD last Friday. Absolutely love itive compared this car to the legacy and fusion awd, and this car is still better. It's stylish, has tight steering, great seats, the 3iblink lane change feature (which I love) and is impossible to find on anything except luxury or german cars). No paint chip issue and I've driven over 600 miles on highway, back rods with pebbles and tiny rocks. Manuf march 2010

!
I have a GTS AWD - but what is the "3iblink lane change feature" - nav system? Nothing in owners manual and have not run into it.

Mine is a Dec. 9, 2009 unit (but have not had the paint chip problem - clear-bra'd it at 300 miles, but no side or rear chips yet at over 7000 miles).
TheHolyGhost

Hawkzilla wrote:
Three questions:

1) What is the 3ipoint lane change system you speak of??

2) Your Kizashi is FAST from 0-15mph, then slow?? That is the exact opposite of mine. After 15mph, if I punch it my Zashi takes off, but before that it is very slow off the line.

3) You can change the color of the illumination on the dash?? Please explain further, I'm VERY interested in this!

Thanks and welcome to the club! 8-)
1) I believe that he's referring to when you only push the turn signal lever slightly and the signal just flashes three times instead of staying on. Good for lane changes.

2) No comment, mine's a 6MT

3) You can't change the color, but you can set the footwell lights to turn on with the headlights to provide some more ambient lighting. You have to hold down the Trip button for like 5 seconds and some configuration stuff will come up in the center info display.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

Thanks! I need the sun to go down asap! lol
TheHolyGhost

New change I'd like. I wish the footwell lights were Red instead of orange. I guess that can be rectified pretty easily though.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

TheHolyGhost wrote:New change I'd like. I wish the footwell lights were Red instead of orange. I guess that can be rectified pretty easily though.
Speaking of, I noticed my dash illumination isn't as colorful as the brochure.. is there a way to adjust it or did they just photoshop the colors brighter in the brochure?
TheHolyGhost

You can try turning the little nob coming out of the dash to adjust the brightness. Turn it once and then you'll see the brightness bar graph show up on the Info Display. Turn it to the right to make it brighter.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Hawkzilla

TheHolyGhost wrote:You can try turning the little nob coming out of the dash to adjust the brightness. Turn it once and then you'll see the brightness bar graph show up on the Info Display. Turn it to the right to make it brighter.
Yeah, I got that jacked-up already. I have noticed that with my auto-lights it seems like the purple illumination is different if I turn the lights on manually. I feel like an old man trying to run a VCR sometimes in my Kizashi... the simpler things are the only ones I struggle with! lol