fuel smell

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
golftango

Interesting. Looks like the coating has rubbed off in that area too. Was there any damage between the tank and the body of the car? Like it was rubbing together? Maybe the car was in an accident and this damage was unnoticed?
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
Jasper

there is no accident history known for the car.
Not sure if the dealer scratched of the coating to better show the crack.
Haven't seen it in person yet....
Jasper

zoom in to the crack ...
to me it looks like an 'inside-out' crack; what's your opinion?
Is this normal for a 4 year old car with 60.000 km?
Should I call for warranty or courtesy?
scheur detail 1.JPG
scheur detail 1.JPG (28.25 KiB) Viewed 6074 times
KuroNekko

Jasper wrote:zoom in to the crack ...
scheur detail 1.JPG
My guess is that your fuel system wasn't venting properly. The spider recall involved spider nests blocking the adequate venting of the fuel and emissions system which could result in damage to the fuel tank from pressure. Here's some info pertaining to that recall:

On certain vehicles, a particular type of spider may weave a web in the evaporative canister vent line which may cause a restriction in the line. If this occurs, the fuel tank pressure may become excessively negative when the emission control system works to purge the vapors from the canister. As the canister is purged repeatedly during normal operation, the stress on the fuel tank may eventually result in a crack causing a fuel leak. Fuel leakage, in the presence of an ignition source, could result in a fire causing injury and/or property damage. Correction: Dealers will inspect the canister vent line and replace it with a line containing a filter. If a web is found in the old line, the fuel tank will also be replaced.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

Jasper wrote:zoom in to the crack ...
scheur detail 1.JPG
WTF? Warranty for sure
Jasper

Was the recall US only or worldwide?
No fuel system recall is known for the Kizashi over here in Europe ...
KuroNekko

Jasper wrote:Was the recall US only or worldwide?
No fuel system recall is known for the Kizashi over here in Europe ...
I think it was for North America so owners in Canada and the US got notices. Not sure about Mexico where the Kizashi is also sold (Side note: WTF! They sell the Swift Sport there right now! http://www.suzuki.com.mx/autos/swift-sport). Members in other nations claim they haven't heard of this recall but this spider species is pretty much found all around the world. Regardless, you really should pursue a warranty claim.

More discussion on this spider recall here: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... f=3&t=3203
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Jasper

Fuel tank has been replaced, at the cost of a whopping 1650 euro for the part only.
Does anybody have access to prices? The part number is 8910 157 L20 000
Sometimes the last 3 zeros are not needed. Is this a normal price for a fuel tank?
bootymac

Jasper

that tank shows part number 8910 157 L10. so L10 instead of L20. Would this L?0 have to do anything with a revision or version? i.e. was there a change in L10 so it became L20 ?