What if you were to lose your Kizashi?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
LPSISRL

KuroNekko wrote:
paininthenuts wrote:Right, I have a question. Apparently no car with keyless entry can determine whether the key is inside or outside the car. By mistake I just left my keys in the cup holder, closed the door and tried to lock the car using the button on the door. It wouldn't lock, and I just got a single long beep, WHY ?
The Kizashi's key fob works as a Passive RFID (Radio Frequency Identifier). The fob and the car are communicating with each other when they are in range. Basically, if the key fob is in certain areas in or around the car, it will allow or prevent certain things. When you have the key fob within 2 feet or so around the outside of the doors, you can unlock the doors by pressing the button on the front door handles. When the key fob is inside the cabin, you can press the start button to turn on the engine. This also works to prevent you from locking yourself out of the car. The car knows the key fob is in the cabin so it overrides your action to try lock the door from the outside when the key fob is left inside the car.
It's actually a great system that makes locking your keys inside the car nearly obsolete.
However, this is all assuming the key fob works properly. Low batteries can cause range issues and may cause the RFID system to malfunction.
It also does it's best not to let you lock the fob in the trunk.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
LPSISRL

Yes, they are very clever. I normally carry mine in my right pocket, but the other day the fob was in my left pocket. As a result the car went backwards :D :D :D
I thougth that was a British and Aussie thing.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote: What I find interesting is that the rear exhaust finishers are almost identical to the Kizashi. :lol: I've actually seen these on a bunch of cars now, especially the newer models by GM (Impala, Regal).
They are growing in popularity and even preexisted the Kizashi (the Lexus LS is an example) but I've always thought the Kizashi's was unique because of the shape and size. However, it kind of always looked familiar to me and I couldn't grasp why until I read one review on the Kizashi that revealed its design origins. Can you guess what that was? Here's a clue:

According to that article, one of the chief designers of the Kizashi was a former Suzuki motorcycle engineer and he gave the exhaust finishers some of Suzuki's motorcycle influence. Hence, the shape and size resonates with motorcycle exhaust designs. Pretty cool.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
paininthenuts

KuroNekko wrote:
SamirD wrote: What I find interesting is that the rear exhaust finishers are almost identical to the Kizashi. :lol: I've actually seen these on a bunch of cars now, especially the newer models by GM (Impala, Regal).
They are growing in popularity and even preexisted the Kizashi (the Lexus LS is an example) but I've always thought the Kizashi's was unique because of the shape and size. However, it kind of always looked familiar to me and I couldn't grasp why until I read one review on the Kizashi that revealed its design origins. Can you guess what that was? Here's a clue:

According to that article, one of the chief designers of the Kizashi was a former Suzuki motorcycle engineer and he gave the exhaust finishers some of Suzuki's motorcycle influence. Hence, the shape and size resonates with motorcycle exhaust designs. Pretty cool.
Amongst many of the Kizashi's wonderful strong points is it's view from the rear (wish I could say the same about my wife). In a review I once read it got slagged off because the actual exhaust pipes are smaller than the holes in the bodywork, how ridiculous !!
KuroNekko

paininthenuts wrote: Amongst many of the Kizashi's wonderful strong points is it's view from the rear (wish I could say the same about my wife). In a review I once read it got slagged off because the actual exhaust pipes are smaller than the holes in the bodywork, how ridiculous !!
Let's hope your wife does not visit this forum and read your posts. Otherwise, you will have a more intimate relationship with your Kizashi... as in a place to sleep in.
:lol:

I've also read the criticisms that the exhaust outlets aren't actually part of the exhaust pipe. However, I don't see why that's a bad thing. It makes removal of the bumper easier and also allows one to replace the exhaust system easier. If you get an aftermarket or custom exhaust, you'd not want the outlets to be connected to the actual pipe. The design also allows for larger diameter pipes.

Also, nearly all exhaust outlets are designed like this. This is because exhaust pipes move by themselves a little. Watch a car accelerate from the rear and you will see the exhaust pipe moving somewhat independently of the car. This is due to exhaust pressures. It's also why the rear exhaust pipes and mufflers have rubber hangers instead of being bolted directly to the chassis. They need the flexibility.

For a number of reasons, you don't want the actual exhaust pipe connected to the exhaust outlets/finishers.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
BxKizashiS

i love the Kizashi but i wouldnt get it again
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
bootymac

I remember when the IS-F received a ton of flack for the faux exhaust tips. Now every car has them

SamirD

I thought the ISF ones were real? At least they've looked real on every ISF I've seen. :?
murcod

We drove past an ISF this morning- I couldn't help but feel those outlets screamed "try-hard"!
David
bootymac

SamirD wrote:I thought the ISF ones were real? At least they've looked real on every ISF I've seen. :?
Yup, the tips are not connected to the exhaust. Exotics did it too but I think the ISF was the first "normal" car to do it before it became common.

I think the reception would've been better had Lexus opted for a more conservative style rather than the obnoxious vertical stack.